• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Nice Gear Resource

Spartan

Stumbled upon this company recently and thought I'd share since I hadn't seen them mentioned here. HUGE selection and lots of custom stuff for saddle hunting and climbing. They have so much stuff that I had to force myself to just stop and checkout. Great prices and free shipping on $75+.

Not affiliated with them in any way. Just passing along what I think is a good find.

https://hangfree.co/

Stumbled upon this company recently and thought I'd share since I hadn't seen them mentioned here. HUGE selection and lots of custom stuff for saddle hunting and climbing. They have so much stuff that I had to force myself to just stop and checkout. Great prices and free shipping on $75+.

Not affiliated with them in any way. Just passing along what I think is a good find.

https://hangfree.co/
[/QUOTE
Update us in the quality when you get your items. They have some great deals!

Amsteel tethers and linesman ropes. Thought that was a bad idea?

I remember being told a few years ago to not use amsteel with a friction knot or as a friction knot, so I always avoided it. And now a lot of saddle makers are doing both of those things for their bridges. Which I use. So, I dunno...

Got my order in from them today. Bunch of amsteel products, aiders and daisy chain. Quick ship. Everything was very well made and nicely finished. Even have their own custom shrink tubing which I thought was a nice touch.

Recommended.

IMG_5415.JPG

Not sure why I felt that way. I've tried to cut that stuff and its not easy, but personally don't feel like its adequate for a bridge.
You aren’t truly committed to lightweight mobile!

I use 1/2 inch amsteel for a bridge ,never had a problem, but 1/2 in is way overkill also. The site has some very good prices .

I stumbled across them a few days ago. Prices seem great but it's a little hard to trust a new company for this sort of gear. I do like the idea of their webbing tree tether. https://hangfree.co/products/adjustable-tubular-webbing-tree-tether

I went to a webbing lineman's belt last year and love it, and like the look of Aerohunter's shrike tether.

FWIW, I've been climbing with their amsteel gear for about 2 weeks now, and just today received a second order in the mail of their amsteel aiders. No issues. No complaints. But I will say that it has led to some distraction for me as I now need to figure out where to spend the money I saved buying from them instead of elsewhere :wink:

For all the guys that like Tethrd HYS strap, you can get the exact same thing from Hang Free for nearly 3 dollars cheaper!

Back