• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

No more dangling sticks-hopefully

Islandshooter

SH Member
Stick guys, here's another option for climbing. Before I found the joy of saddle hunting, I was a lone wolf/rock harness mobile guy (thanks Garrett). Bryan Landry (mobile hunting gear) created Stick Talons, allowing one trip up the tree without the two extra sticks dangling at your side. Pretty cool idea that I used for a couple of seasons. Boom!!Then I found saddles, shorter sticks, amsteel, oplux, nite-eyz, and Mike Isbell pack mods (backwoods mobile gear). But still had sticks dangling from my waist. After revisiting an idea with Bryan, here is the initial prototype. Basically I reenforced the two side panels of my Sitka pack with 1/8" kydex, and directly bolted a Stick Talon to the pack. Again, this is just the Mark 1 Mod 0 version, but I think you can grasp the concept. Works with my 24" sticks (shown) and my 20" pivot sticks. Here's the seed, you guys take it from here!!

Can you post an up close pic of the mount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could 4 sticks work out for packing in also? Ive been looking at backpacks since season closed to carry 4 sticks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Could 4 sticks work out for packing in also? Ive been looking at backpacks since season closed to carry 4 sticks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yeah, I carry either three or four, usually two to a side. So far I've only mounted the one stick talon because there first two sticks are from ground level/first stick, so I only need too climb with the second two and the platform. My 24" set nests together, so only one talon (plus the pack strap) is necessary to pack in. Still working on Shikar-type pivoting sticks, butt don't anticipate any problems. Good luck

Stick guys, here's another option for climbing. Before I found the joy of saddle hunting, I was a lone wolf/rock harness mobile guy (thanks Garrett). Bryan Landry (mobile hunting gear) created Stick Talons, allowing one trip up the tree without the two extra sticks dangling at your side. Pretty cool idea that I used for a couple of seasons. Boom!!Then I found saddles, shorter sticks, amsteel, oplux, nite-eyz, and Mike Isbell pack mods (backwoods mobile gear). But still had sticks dangling from my waist. After revisiting an idea with Bryan, here is the initial prototype. Basically I reenforced the two side panels of my Sitka pack with 1/8" kydex, and directly bolted a Stick Talon to the pack. Again, this is just the Mark 1 Mod 0 version, but I think you can grasp the concept. Works with my 24" sticks (shown) and my 20" pivot sticks. Here's the seed, you guys take it from here!!

sweet!

Very good idea! Is there a Stick Talon that can hold 2 Shikar nested sticks, say on one side of the Sitka tool box? Also I see that you added some straps to your Sitka tool box pack. Where did you get those from? Also I was wondering if you strap a platform to the back of the pack. I have the same pack with a predator platform and would like to add some straps to secure the predator to the back.

Very good idea! Is there a Stick Talon that can hold 2 Shikar nested sticks, say on one side of the Sitka tool box? Also I see that you added some straps to your Sitka tool box pack. Where did you get those from? Also I was wondering if you strap a platform to the back of the pack. I have the same pack with a predator platform and would like to add some straps to secure the predator to the back.
I think cbigbear is working on the shikar talons. Mike Isbell (backwoods mobile gear) did my pack mods. And yeah, the platform straps to the outside flap. Used the pack with four 24" sticks and the predator all last season. Top notch work, looks like it was factory installed!!

Check out https://genesis3dprinting.com/collections/frontpage/products/stick-clip-climbing-stick-hanger

Yes Talons will work with Shikars. 7A491DDB-D457-4653-A78B-8C837D06E91A.jpeg

Back