• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

no sew method to "fatten up" ends of webbing?

raisins

SH Member
I have some buckles, etc on various sizes of webbing. I originally folded over and hand sewed a small flap at the end of each tag end of webbing. This was so that loose buckles could not work loose and fall from the buckle. However, if you want to change anything, then you are left either pulling out stitches or cutting the flap off.

Anyone come up or can brainstorm now a method to achieve the same effect but easily removable? So, far I've thought of wrapping the end with electrical tape, camo form tape, zip tie, or stealth strip. It seems that being at the end of slick nylon webbing might make these slide off. A small clip might also work but metal = loud.

Thoughts?

Thanks - R

I've always folded it over itself back and forth till its as short as I want it then wrap it with a few wraps of duct tape torn into like 1/2" wide strips

I've taken elastic fabric material (like from waistbands), and sewn them into loops. You can make them different sizes, and you can buy the material in rolls of various widths.

I've taken elastic fabric material (like from waistbands), and sewn them into loops. You can make them different sizes, and you can buy the material in rolls of various widths.

I was going to do that in addition mostly to keep the tag ends from flapping.

These are slick, thanks. Still doesn't fatten my ends, but I'll probably get some of these next time I order from there.

I like looking through strapworks, DanO's, and Nite Ize......easy to spend money that way....

I cant think of anything to do it....it only take 5 minutes to put 5 or 6 stitches with a sewing awl.....popping those stitches takes no time at all and the bigger thread you can pick out the cut pieces easily....still strong to act as a stopper too

I've put a big safety pin through the ends of webbing so it wouldn't pull through. Not enough metal to make any noise to speak of.

You could also heat punch holes in the webbing, or burn punched holes so they don't fray, then run paracord through the holes.

Last edited:
I have some buckles, etc on various sizes of webbing. I originally folded over and hand sewed a small flap at the end of each tag end of webbing. This was so that loose buckles could not work loose and fall from the buckle. However, if you want to change anything, then you are left either pulling out stitches or cutting the flap off.

Anyone come up or can brainstorm now a method to achieve the same effect but easily removable? So, far I've thought of wrapping the end with electrical tape, camo form tape, zip tie, or stealth strip. It seems that being at the end of slick nylon webbing might make these slide off. A small clip might also work but metal = loud.

Thoughts?

Thanks - R

I've used shrink tubing, but then again I use shrink tubing on everything!

Back