• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Official Team 4 Discussion Thread

d_rek

Team 4
@d_rek
@GCTerpfan
@boyne bowhunter
@100rollie
@Ontariofarmer
@Holt
@Plinker22
@bowhunterchuck
@MJH
@nlrwrangler
@hauscaliber
@BrianO

Ok BOOIIIIIISSSS...

Official team thread. We can just sit here from atop our throne and look down at the rest of the lowly teams. Especially the trad team. There's ZERO hope for those guys!!

Have fun. Not sure how i'll fare hunting this year but I plan on dialing my trash talking upto 11! No safe spaces!!

Regards,
d_rek

tenor.gif

I am able to walk out my back door about 100 yards or so and climb into my stand. And of course kill deer !! Can't wait till Saturday.....hope the hurricane isn't too bad.
Team 4
@d_rek
@GCTerpfan
@boyne bowhunter
@100rollie
@Ontariofarmer
@Holt
@Plinker22
@bowhunterchuck
@MJH
@nlrwrangler
@hauscaliber
@BrianO

Ok BOOIIIIIISSSS...

Official team thread. We can just sit here from atop our throne and look down at the rest of the lowly teams. Especially the trad team. There's ZERO hope for those guys!!

Have fun. Not sure how i'll fare hunting this year but I plan on dialing my trash talking upto 11! No safe spaces!!

Regards,
d_rek

tenor.gif

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Hello gents, looking forward to an awesome season. First year in nothing but a saddle. As a fireman I am blessed to have a lot of time off. In fact I only work 2 shifts this November. I also drew Iowa tags. Ive been watching several bucks. One in particular is a 14 pt.... Split g2s and split eye gaurds. I dont get wrapped up in inches. But hes a goodin' . I dont usually name my deer, but he is now called "icing" because he is the icing on our celebration cake!! Good luck guys..

I am able to walk out my back door about 100 yards or so and climb into my stand. And of course kill deer !! Can't wait till Saturday.....hope the hurricane isn't too bad.

I'm with you there Chuck. I own a paltry 4 acres but the back 3 is thick woody brush and good bedding that backs up to a utility easement. There is some good soft mast and fruit trees all along the easement and a lot of deer movement in general. I'll be gunning for a doe behind the house again this year.

Let's DO THIS!! Just picked up a new lease this week 1000 acres prime OKLAHOMA hunting!! I will be hunting about 2200 acres of all private land within 5-15 minutes of my house. I am STOKED!!

Sounds amazing. The only way I can hunt thousands of acres in MI is to hunt public. Which I thoroughly enjoy but you gotta set realistic expectations!

Hey guys! Holt checking in. I did the contest last year and had a blast! This year I just have my one property to hunt. It can be tough at times, it's all big woods hunting. I will leaving in 2 days for Colorado elk and deer hunt. I'm taking the saddle with me but not sure if I will get a chance to use it. I will keep you guys updated.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hey Chuck, we are back on the same team again!

Everyone watch out for this guy, he is a deer slaying machine!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hi guys, Wishing everyone a great season. I'm in Michigan and our season doesn't start until Oct 1st but I have three day weekends scheduled all though Oct and then I take the the first three weeks of Nov off. I roll the camper out to some pretty large parcels of public land and stay right there during the time off so I'm hitting it pretty hard all season. Good luck to all and I'm looking forward to LOTS of good deer kill stories. GO TEAM 4!

Saturday is opening day.....35 mph winds and heavy rain !!! Now to figure out which stand to use. May have to use a ground blind

Set the ground blind against a tree and sit in your saddle by strapping your tether to the tree through the window. That would technically count, right? :grinning:
I will give it a try !! Now you got me thinking...

Sorry guys.....20+ winds and rain have kept me grounded.....maybe I'll try later.
Saturday is opening day.....35 mph winds and heavy rain !!! Now to figure out which stand to use. May have to use a ground blind

Back