• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Oh Boy!!!

Ok, so far I got my cams timed perfectly on the V3X!
Now I need to shorten the DL about a 1/4" to 3/8"

I'm gonna get more familiar with doing this stuff before I tackle the Nexus 2.
I can't get rid of the Right tears...
I'm thinking the limbs need swapped around and I think the numbers for deflection are written somewhere hidden in the limb pockets and I can't see them?

Disclaimer: I do not own a press, however, if I were to buy one, I think I would also buy a cheap bow to experiment with a little before I went whole hog on my primary setups. Good on you though man. Something I'll do eventually.

Ok, so far I got my cams timed perfectly on the V3X!
Now I need to shorten the DL about a 1/4" to 3/8"

I'm gonna get more familiar with doing this stuff before I tackle the Nexus 2.
I can't get rid of the Right tears...
I'm thinking the limbs need swapped around and I think the numbers for deflection are written somewhere hidden in the limb pockets and I can't see them?
I have 2 identical killers that I wouldn't touch until I played with a "test subject".

I’m waiting on my press to show up. I used to be pretty good but after a car accident I have forgotten a ton. So, bow work should be amazing.

I just received my new press last week just set up both of my twin bows it's really nice having the equipment! Now I need to make a draw board. The easy green press is on sale at Lancaster archery.Screenshot_20230730-182157_Gallery.jpg

Here's my Red Neck draw board...

View attachment 87972

It worked great and was only like 20 bucks!
I want to know who's putting in retaining walls for 20 bucks. I've got a job or two from them if they will travel. Heck, I'd pay double.

In all seriousness, cool idea, I also recently bought an ez-green, please keep updating if you learn any tricks or tips another newbie should know

Whenever I do buy a new bow how they tune will be high on my list… I have two Xpeditions that I really like and they’re shooting well but for every press I have remove the draw stops. So put a bunch of attention to getting the stops set just right then loosen them again ten minutes later. Repeat. Other than my slow process, tweaking at home is way better than driving 45 mins to the shop.

Does anybody else pucker up slightly when working on a fully drawn bow in a draw board?

please keep updating if you learn any tricks or tips another newbie should know

Not about the press but I did squeeze my D loop together a little bit yesterday while drawing back the Mathews without an arrow nocked in the draw board. I wasn't expecting that...

The EZ Press is an awesome press. I had a home-made version of the finger press that was powered, and I had a foot pedal to operate it. I sold the press to a friend. I work on a lot of different bows, so I bought a Bow-A-Constrictor Press as it doesn't need any special adapters and will press any bow made.

With most any finger style presses, be mindful of pressing beyond parallel limb bows. The press can squirt the bow out of the bottom. Last Chance Archery, who makes the EZ press has an adapter for beyond parallel limb bows called the limb lock kit. The limb lock kit is expensive at $285.

Here is a list of bows that are beyond parallel that the limb lock kit is used for.

HOYT— Defiant, Hyper Edge, Double XL (2016/2017). Also, the Hoyt Ventum, due to the large cam size, works well inside this adapter kit.

BEAR— Attack and Carnage

PSE— Stealth Mach 1 and any OMEN model from PSE

ELITE — Envision, Omnia, Ritual 30, Option 6, and Option 7

ATHENS — Vista 31, 33, and 35. Peak 38

OBSESSION - Several Obsession bow models would use this adapter kit.

I do keep an arrow in at all times when I draw it back and have a large box of cloth right in front to stop the arrow should something break while its drawn back.

The EZ Press is an awesome press. I had a home-made version of the finger press that was powered, and I had a foot pedal to operate it. I sold the press to a friend. I work on a lot of different bows, so I bought a Bow-A-Constrictor Press as it doesn't need any special adapters and will press any bow made.

With most any finger style presses, be mindful of pressing beyond parallel limb bows. The press can squirt the bow out of the bottom. Last Chance Archery, who makes the EZ press has an adapter for beyond parallel limb bows called the limb lock kit. The limb lock kit is expensive at $285.

Here is a list of bows that are beyond parallel that the limb lock kit is used for.

HOYT— Defiant, Hyper Edge, Double XL (2016/2017). Also, the Hoyt Ventum, due to the large cam size, works well inside this adapter kit.

BEAR— Attack and Carnage

PSE— Stealth Mach 1 and any OMEN model from PSE

ELITE — Envision, Omnia, Ritual 30, Option 6, and Option 7

ATHENS — Vista 31, 33, and 35. Peak 38

OBSESSION - Several Obsession bow models would use this adapter kit.
For my OMNIA, if you adjust the fingers with the screw knob you can make them face slightly upwards and this way I've never had a problem pressing my omnia with regular fingers.

Last edited:
For my OMNIA, if you adjust the fingers with the screw knob you can make them face slightly upwards and this way I've never had a problem pressing my omnia with regular fingers.

I bought mine used and it only came with 2 adjustable fingers.
They're both on the 'back side' of each end.

I don't think that's how they come from the factory now-a-days?

Zoom in on my picture up top and you can see how it is...

I going to buy the machine wheel from Amazon to replace the crank. Or, I’ll buy a cheap impact drill to make it powered

Not about the press but I did squeeze my D loop together a little bit yesterday while drawing back the Mathews without an arrow nocked in the draw board. I wasn't expecting that...

Yea I always clip straight to the string not the loop for both safety reasons and movement concerns

Back