• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Old Hawk Heliums with Cam CLeats

always89y

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Just finished up cutting down my Hawk Heliums and added Cam Cleats. Pretty sure these are the most expensive Hawk Heliums out there now! Except for the ones that fail...those are pretty expensive as well. Came in at 6lbs 7 oz for the set of 4 with amsteel. I figure I can get 20ft with these and a 1 step aider. These seems to hold my robust arse pretty good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190722-130059_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190722-130059_Gallery.jpg
    553.9 KB · Views: 67
And here are the specs I used:
Height (mm)30 mm
Height (in)1 3/16 in
Length (mm)65 mm
Length (in)2 9/16 in
Width (mm)32 mm
Width (in)1 1/4 in
Weight (g)71 g
Weight (oz)2.5 oz
Minimum line Ø (mm)3 mm
Minimum line Ø (in)1/8 in
Maximum line Ø (mm)12 mm
Maximum line Ø (in)1/2 in
Fastener spacing (mm)38 mm
Fastener spacing (in)1 1/2 in
Fasteners (mm)5 FH mm
Fasteners (in)#10 FH in
Maximum working load (kg)136 kg
Maximum working load (lb)300 lb
Breaking load (kg)340 kg
Breaking load (lb)750 lb
PawlsAluminum

I figured the actual applied work load under standard use on these would be somewhere around 180 lbs ( considering my weight and the reduced load associated with the tree bite and rope dynamics).

Im more worried about the bolts I used failing than the cam cleat itself failing. I had to use stainless since they dont make 8 grade this small.

What diameter amsteel?

Does the amsteel slip at all ?

Do u need tie some half hitches for it to hold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back