• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

One pin bow sight

Cript2014

So I know a lot of guys on here use a one pin bow sight I’m now looking to make the switch I bought a Mathews halon 32 in the middle of December from a guy I had a five pin sight from my last bow that I put on it the problem is my 20-40yd pins are so close I am second guessing that decision bc there isn’t any room between pins I can’t see anything but pins through the peep inside 30yds yes that’s a good problem to have In my opinion compared to what I came from but I’m now in the market of looking to switch as to not have so many pins bunched up together and blocking the view through the peep I looked at a trophy ridge and it was heavy they had a lighter one but it was $250 just looking to see what y’all use and why the bow already weights 4.75lbs I’m trying not to add any but also don’t want to break the bank doing that!

I use an HHA kingpin(bought it used) or you can find one of the HHA sliders cheaper and it uses the same bright pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like my HHA optimizer 5519. Excellent quality fit and finish, precision machining. I just recently found out about the 2nd/3rd axis leveling kit I'll be adding to it...I don't know why they don't come with those.

I’ve used this Trophy Ridge pendulum single pin since 2010. It was only about $60 when I put it on my Diamond and it’s never let me down79E6AD30-2E48-473C-9D7D-1E46870ADD1B.jpeg

One pin adjustable. HHA.
I’ve used this Trophy Ridge pendulum single pin since 2010. It was only about $60 when I put it on my Diamond and it’s never let me downView attachment 9470
I have the same sight . It works great I have used it since yearly 2000. I wish they still made them . Sight it in for 25 yards and I'm good out to 35 yards. Plus it's also a moveable ground sight.

Ok I’ll go and take a look at the hha I want an adjustable I can set on 30 and just move it to 20 or to 35-40 when needed but haven’t heard of the hha till now

HHA is a great sight . I have one it's the 5519. When ever my Trophy Ridge pendulum breaks I'll switch to the HHA.

Last edited:
Hha makes very good sights and have fantastic warranty /customer service.
That said there are quite a few others as well so don't let others make you feel you should be brand specific. I have had an HHA, trophy Ridge Clutch, Axcel, and currently have a Montana 2 pin slider. All were good sights. To be honest for the money the Trophy Ridge Clutch was a very nice sight. I would not hesitate to get another one. Sold it to go with the 2 pin slider...... If $ is not an issue you can't go wrong with HHA, Spott Hog, or Montana.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DIYSPORTSMAN did an excellent review of the EZV sight that he used so season (I think). Good enough review that I'll be changing from multiple pins to the EZV this summer (once all the new saddle stuff has been tweaked). Getting older and finding it harder to focus on the little pins. Looks like a great option to me. Plus most reviews state a much faster reaction time. We'll see...

At the start of the year, I switched from a single pin HHA to an EZV. I am still getting used to it, but I am so far happy with the switch. I haven't really put it through the ringer as far as going outside and shooting longer unknown distances (winter weather), but have been shooting it indoors a fair amount.

My targets shooting (vegas spots) has not suffered due to the switch.

I started doing indoor 3D and it is working out great. Again this is all under 30 yards.

Another thing: the EZV seems bomb proof. Just solid.

Perhaps this is a thing with all multi-pins, but I noticed that the EZV seems to demand that you really align the peep and the housing.

Back