• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

One Stick Aider ??

In my experience the only time you’ll use the third step on the aider is right when you leave the ground. Typically once you’re off the ground you won’t be able to put the stick high enough above you to utilize the third step.

I agree with @MSbowhunter48 for the majority of my climbing a 2 step is perfect for the whole way. There are times in the early season when I dont have on many layers but I also use a longer 2 step aider and it works fine for me. In the later season when I am bundled I use a shorter span 2 step and it is easier to use but if I stretched I might be able to get away with a 3 step aider at this time with short spans between steps. If this makes sense....

Depends on how long between the steps. Also how high you set your tether and stick. But yes, your setting from the ground is always higher. It also depend on your style because I noticed some people like to lift their foot up into the 2nd aider so they don't need the 3rd. Other like me prefer to just straighten my feet INTO the 3rd aider.

I always use a 3 step, yes it is true it is most handy when on the ground. But on your other moves its nice to have a additional step that is low almost at your foot level for balance and planting your foot into the tree to climb. It just makes it easier and less strenuous

I have a 32” inseam but am not the most flexible. I love my 15” three step, not having to reach for the next step is great.

I currently have a 2 step aider on my one stick. Thinking of trying a 3 step. Is it worth the change?

I have a couple 3 steps you can come borrow if you want to try them out. One is 16" steps, the other is 18" steps. I like 3 steps for the reasons others mentioned above. And there are times when I will skip that 3rd step, but glad it's there when I want it.

Back