• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

One stick with removable platform

Buckhorn70

SH Member

Anyone seen this guys stick with the removable platform? Love the idea….. wanted to post. Hope someone takes the idea and runs with it and makes production models for the public.

FYI…..5:25 in the video

This would keep the stick light and nimble for one stick climbing. Then you could attach platform once at height. You could actually have couple different platform sizes. One for quick hunts and one for all-day sits.

Cool idea but maybe not the best execution. Obviously based on the video there is a high potential for metal to metal contact noise and my main concern would be the amount of stress u would be putting on the weld....I couldn't tell in video but if the male part that inserts in to the stick doesn't have a pretty tight tolerance, it would probably also make noise when weight is shifted from side to side making the male post contact the inside wall of the female side....good idea but IMO could use a lot of refining...

If you superglue teflon washers to post. Use heavy duty trailer pin...maybe? Im considering something like this once. Just didnt think the extra complexity is worth it. I mean the difference between a separate ultra light one stick and a platform is a post and standoff, a lb many?

Dude is decked out in Tx5, so I'm sure he can go whatever route he wants. He made a video, seems satisfied with his method.

2 me, it's not unlike climbing 1 stick and hanging a platform, except, with his method you cannot place the stick to work around the tree.

Dude is decked out in Tx5, so I'm sure he can go whatever route he wants. He made a video, seems satisfied with his method.

I'm not knocking him or his concoction....but I pretty sure we all (me included) have heaped praise on something only to end up not using or selling or whatever later on after using the item and finding the shortcomings u didn't know about without putting the item thru it's paces....

I'm not knocking him or his concoction....but I pretty sure we all (me included) have heaped praise on something only to end up not using or selling or whatever later on after using the item and finding the shortcomings u didn't know about without putting the item thru it's paces....

I don't know why I'm quoted here. I'm not buying what he's selling either and I never discounted your concerns. Just saying, he's obviously pleased with what he's got going and he seems to have the means to pick and choose.

Ooppps
Sorry bud....

No problem, you probably just didn't realize when you quote someone your response should be pertinent to the quote. Happens all the time, when folks are moving fast.

Back