• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Opinions on Ridge Runner or EWO UP Platform

KAdams944

Looking for a platform to saddle hunt from. I am currently looking at getting an Eastern Woods Outdoors UP Platform added to my sticks or going with a Ridge Runner or Ridge Runner XL. Opinions please?

The ridge runner has worked nicely over the past 2 years. Handles side pressure well. Platform is big enough to pivot with your back against the tree! Platform has held up nicely. Black coating still looks great minus some dirt!
Lots of great choices! Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I have a RR and use a Monarch on my one stick. I love my RR. Everything @SEPA@73 said is accurate and that’s why I’m hanging on to it. Mostly I use the one stick platform but sometimes I’ll pair my RR with the one stick on a large tree or if I feel frisky. I wear size 13 boots and am around 230 with gear on and the RR holds plenty firm and has plenty of room to move around. I’ve never tried the XL. IMO can’t go wrong with either the RR or UP.

I have a RR and use a Monarch on my one stick. I love my RR. Everything @SEPA@73 said is accurate and that’s why I’m hanging on to it. Mostly I use the one stick platform but sometimes I’ll pair my RR with the one stick on a large tree or if I feel frisky. I wear size 13 boots and am around 230 with gear on and the RR holds plenty firm and has plenty of room to move around. I’ve never tried the XL. IMO can’t go wrong with either the RR or UP.
Do you put steps around the tree or just use the Monarch platform?

@Exhumis I also use my RR with my catalyst ion when I one stick! Especially on larger trees! I have pretty short walks - so the extra weight is well worth the added benefit of having both!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Looking for a platform to saddle hunt from. I am currently looking at getting an Eastern Woods Outdoors UP Platform added to my sticks or going with a Ridge Runner or Ridge Runner XL. Opinions please?

I have a Ridge Runner and I love that thing but once I started one-sticking I never use it anymore.

I think since you are climbing with sticks just get the Ridge Runner and set it off to the side of your top stick..
That way you can still use your top stick for moving around the tree for a shot.

Back