• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Option to have your WE bag modified like mine...

kyler1945

SH Member
Ok guys, I just had a friend take his bag to the seamstress to have her copy what I did here (minus the buckles to go to my alps pack, you supply your own paracord or shock cord to close, she's just cutting the hole and sewing the outer bag part on):

https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/wild-edge-free-ideas-for-you.7570/

She charged him 20.00. We have asked her if she wants to offer this service to a bunch of folks and are awaiting an answer. She used some sort of camo microsuede type material.

What I am thinking is buyer is responsible for shipping her the bag - you could probably get it in a flat rate box of some sort for 5.00 or so. Then she charges some amount, including the return shipping costs.

The idea is to make it easy on her and worth doing. I'm thinking 25-35.00 including return shipping and the material.

Please respond here if you'd be interested. I'd like to give her an idea of how many folks would want this. I can tell you it has made climbing with the WE stepps considerably more enjoyable. I would gladly pay 35.00 if I wasn't able to do it myself. Thoughts?

Ok guys, I just had a friend take his bag to the seamstress to have her copy what I did here (minus the buckles to go to my alps pack, you supply your own paracord or shock cord to close, she's just cutting the hole and sewing the outer bag part on):

https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/wild-edge-free-ideas-for-you.7570/

She charged him 20.00. We have asked her if she wants to offer this service to a bunch of folks and are awaiting an answer. She used some sort of camo microsuede type material.

What I am thinking is buyer is responsible for shipping her the bag - you could probably get it in a flat rate box of some sort for 5.00 or so. Then she charges some amount, including the return shipping costs.

The idea is to make it easy on her and worth doing. I'm thinking 25-35.00 including return shipping and the material.

Please respond here if you'd be interested. I'd like to give her an idea of how many folks would want this. I can tell you it has made climbing with the WE stepps considerably more enjoyable. I would gladly pay 35.00 if I wasn't able to do it myself. Thoughts?
Count me in

Does anyone know if wildedge is shipping out bags? I'd be in if so

I'd be interested but I just sold my bag and 6 stepps. Kept a couple for myself. Maybe I should think about buying another bag!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

nice Job. yes I'll go in for one. I will need to get a bag as mine our decades old

Just to be clear guys, I am not making any money here. I just know it's a pain to go track someone down to do this, and then wonder if it will be right. If she agrees, I'll just set up a way for everyone to correspond with her. I know it has made packing and climbing with the stepps a little easier and more efficient. I wish wild edge would just do it, but I understand how hard it is to move in a new direction for these companies.

We also may have some control over the material, so if anyone has a preference, shout it out. Mine is fleece, but she did my buddy one in a microsuede type material, and it seemed really nice too.

I'll do it! Do we need to supply her with a bag. My bag holds 16 stepps I would like to make it 8.

I'll do it! Do we need to supply her with a bag. My bag holds 16 stepps I would like to make it 8.

Yes, this involves you owning/purchasing a bag, and shipping it to her. She'll cover the return shipping, labor, and material for sewing. All spelled out in the first post.

I'm very interested. I have a 10 step bag and an 8 step bag . I'm thinking of getting the 10 step bag done. What do you think?

I’m in, just need to order a bag. Can I have it shipped directly to her then?

I’m in, just need to order a bag. Can I have it shipped directly to her then?

Guys I don't quite have it lined up, I'm just trying to gauge interest. What I'm hoping is that going to tell her that 10 or 20 or 50 people want to do it will motivate her. I'm thinking it might be possible to ship directly to her for folks that want to save some money. I just have to work through this with her and see what we can work out.

Worst case, knowing that a handful of folks want it, I can find another seamstress to agree.

Also, you can do this yourself or take your bag to someone local. But again, I'm trying to help the time strapped, or those worried they couldn't get a local seamstress dialed in and get it right.

Back