• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Oregon petition to ban hunting, fishing and trapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBear

There is a petition started that has one year to collect the required signatures to get on the ballot in Nov 2022. It moves to make Oregon a sanctuary state for wildlife. Banning hunting, fishing and trapping. This would set a terrifying precedent made by Oregon that other states may follow.

There is a petition started that has one year to collect the required signatures to get on the ballot in Nov 2022. It moves to make Oregon a sanctuary state for wildlife. Banning hunting, fishing and trapping. This would set a terrifying precedent made by Oregon that other states may follow.

Anti-hunting and anti-agriculture, what a joke. That's not even the least bit realistic. I could see it going pretty far in Oregon though. Even though most of Oregon is beautiful rural area with tons of farmers and hunters and the like, the big cities account for so much of the population.

Oregon would not even have things like a huntable turkey population (turkey are not native to Oregon) without conservation efforts.

Anti-hunting and anti-agriculture, what a joke. That's not even the least bit realistic. I could see it going pretty far in Oregon though. Even though most of Oregon is beautiful rural area with tons of farmers and hunters and the like, the big cities account for so much of the population.

Oregon would not even have things like a huntable turkey population (turkey are not native to Oregon) without conservation efforts.
I wish it was a situation where if they didn't receive food from their state, they wouldn't eat. Which, god knows its not.

That is crazy. Misinformed and maligned thinking for sure. Hope someone starts a counter petition to support the cost effective, time tested and proven wildlife conservation and management practices known as regulated hunting, trapping and fishing as important wildlife management tools for ongoing conservation and natural resource management.

Do these people not know and understand that due to the 1937 Pitman-Robertson Act, an excise tax on firearms and hunting equipment are the main sources of funds for Wildlife conservation and management for every state in the union? In 1937 , hunters themselves rallied to have this important ground breaking legislation passed to ensure wildlife and other non-game species funding for their ongoing management and conservation (the wise use of natural resources) into perpetuity. This act and the funding it provides laid the groundwork for establishment of all the state wildlife conservation agencies that are still in place today.

With that type of money coming in there is no way it would happen. That money pays a lot of peoples salaries and without it where is the money coming from.
You must not be familiar with Portland aka the abyss of infinite lunacy. They would cut themselves off at the knees if someone said that their knees were racist.

From the movie "As Good As It Gets"

Woman, "how do you write women so good?"

Jack Nicholson, "I think of a man and I remove reason and accountability.

That's Portland and the left in a nut shell. Without reason or accountability.

Last edited:
You must not be familiar with Portland aka the abyss of infinite lunacy. They would cut themselves off at the knees if someone said that their knees were racist.

From the movie "As Good As It Gets"

Woman, "how do you write women so good?"

Jack Nicholson, "I think of a man and I remove reason and accountability.

That's Portland and the left in a nut shell. Without reason or accountability.

Another good quote from Jack Nicholson on that same movie.

“Sell crazy someplace else, we’re all stocked up here.”

I use that saying copiously.

But back on topic, our adversaries will never rest. Today, I posted about a petition to disallow transfer of any part of game animals across state lines.

We must never relent, regardless of how low probability we think the adversaries move is.

That is crazy. Misinformed and maligned thinking for sure. Hope someone starts a counter petition to support the cost effective, time tested and proven wildlife conservation and management practices known as regulated hunting, trapping and fishing as important wildlife management tools for ongoing conservation and natural resource management.

Do these people not know and understand that due to the 1937 Pitman-Robertson Act, an excise tax on firearms and hunting equipment are the main sources of funds for Wildlife conservation and management for every state in the union? In 1937 , hunters themselves rallied to have this important ground breaking legislation passed to ensure wildlife and other non-game species funding for their ongoing management and conservation (the wise use of natural resources) into perpetuity. This act and the funding it provides laid the groundwork for establishment of all the state wildlife conservation agencies that are still in place today.
Unfortunately facts don’t matter to folks with that kind of thinking. It’s an emotional argument where logic and facts are not welcome and need not apply.

This goes well beyond even hunting and trapping unless I'm misreading the petition.
Correct.
Direct quote.
"It will also criminalize common animal husbandry practices, slaughter for food and common breeding practices, such as artificial insemination."
This would mean zero meat could be harvested in Oregon. Not one animal could be slaughtered/hunted/fished/trapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back