• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Organization pouches?

bigcat93

SH Member
What’s everyone use for org pouches?

Trying to put kits together so I can easily transfer bags when needed and pack easier

Great question! I’ve got a bunch of nylon stuff sacks in assorted sizes that I bought from a camping supply store (back when specialty retail existed.) they work great and as they wear out I will replace them with Handmade buckskin ones. I also use ziplock freezer bags. It’s nice being able to see through the bag and have everything waterproof.

This may not be the solution you're looking for but its one of the main reasons I use a turkey vest as my hunting pack. Lots of pockets to organize my gear. I know exactly what is where and I don't need a bunch of separate dump pouches. The big pouch on the back works great for the larger items (platform, stick, outer clothes layers, rappel rope, etc. ) while all the front pockets contain all my smaller items including camera gear.

What are you trying to organize? I use eberlestock's hanger zip pouches for kill kits and first aid. I have Custom Gear Modifications' roll pouch for batteries and other small stuff.

looking at MTN flash bags and black ovis stash sacks.

I only have 1 for kill kit. But thinking toiletries bag, FA, and then extras. As of now those are just thrown into a pocket

This may not be the solution you're looking for but its one of the main reasons I use a turkey vest as my hunting pack. Lots of pockets to organize my gear. I know exactly what is where and I don't need a bunch of separate dump pouches. The big pouch on the back works great for the larger items (platform, stick, outer clothes layers, rappel rope, etc. ) while all the front pockets contain all my smaller items including camera gear.
Absolutely correct. I have one vest for archery, a blaze orange for firearms, and one for... turkey.
I transfer bino, range-finder, pruner, and hand-saw over to whatever vest is being used. Everything else is specific to the hunting I'm doing.

Gun hunting is done from my 180 Summit climber, but I don't specifically go gun hunting much these days.

I don't go deep woods for days and I try to go light...My go-to is a large fanny pack like this one

Lash to my climber, over my shoulder, around waist...fits.
Looked at the link. Why do they insist on crap like that one pic. Got hand warmers and a thermacell in the pack. If its cold enough to need hand warmers, it's too cold for skeeters. Like our local news the other day, had a report about the current duck numbers in the state, all the video shown was snow geese. I was like WTH?? It's not like it is hard to find duck video to use in freakin ARKANSAS of all places.

I also have some Maxpedition and High Speed Gear pocket-organizer/admin pouches too... LMAO!!!

I have in it what I need for that season....field dressing kit, water bottle, rubber gloves, drag rope, license, ID, and when needed I can add stuff like a grunt tube, rattle bag, thermocell fits nice in drink pouch...

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

The Kifaru ultralight pouches are the best I have found. Whatever they do with that material, it’s legit. However, marsupial, VIAM and a ton of others make nice pouches too.

I went with black ovis stash stacks on sale- will report when I get them back

Back