• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ozonics 20% off sitewide

bowhuntr09

SH Member
I don’t own one but have been toying with the idea. They are currently offering 20% off sitewide. No code needed. Not sure how long this is running.

Chime in if you have one and would actually buy it again.

I had one in 2017 and ended up getting rid of it. I can’t say if it helped or not, but I didn’t like the extra weight and time it took to set it up.

I have killed 9 bucks and 14 does at less than 12 yards since getting rid of it and I have always paid attention to the wind.

My youngest son loves to hunt. He's 7 now but last season he wanted to go every day on our farm. This put me in a pickle because our 2 man ladder stand needed some type East wind.
I bought the HR500 package deal they had going last year hoping it would help when we didn't have the perfect wind we needed.
What I observed was that it did work but....
Deer do smell the ozone. Some deer reacted to it and some didn't. The deer that reacted didn't bug out but more of an alert trying to figure out what the smell was all about. They would kind of lock up and stall like they were waiting to see something that's making the smell.
I also saw deer going about their travels, even get downwind like we weren't there.
My son shot a buck with his crossbow and we hunted with the Ozonics a few more times but I could tell that the deer started associating the ozone smell to us hunting them.
The point I'm trying to make is I believe that Ozonics works best if you're hunting big woods or different areas all the time because basically you're bringing in a foreign smell to the woods. They may not smell you but basically you're turning human odor into ozone and that has the potential to equal danger to a deer.

My youngest son loves to hunt. He's 7 now but last season he wanted to go every day on our farm. This put me in a pickle because our 2 man ladder stand needed some type East wind.
I bought the HR500 package deal they had going last year hoping it would help when we didn't have the perfect wind we needed.
What I observed was that it did work but....
Deer do smell the ozone. Some deer reacted to it and some didn't. The deer that reacted didn't bug out but more of an alert trying to figure out what the smell was all about. They would kind of lock up and stall like they were waiting to see something that's making the smell.
I also saw deer going about their travels, even get downwind like we weren't there.
My son shot a buck with his crossbow and we hunted with the Ozonics a few more times but I could tell that the deer started associating the ozone smell to us hunting them.
The point I'm trying to make is I believe that Ozonics works best if you're hunting big woods or different areas all the time because basically you're bringing in a foreign smell to the woods. They may not smell you but basically you're turning human odor into ozone and that has the potential to equal danger to a deer.
This is such a well thought out, helpful, reasonable response that I’m not sure it belongs on the internet.

Back