• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pack Choice

Semper_Fi13

I am looking for a new pack for next year have narrowed down to X2, Superday. I have a muddy camera arm set up with the new Custom gear LW Compact sticks and a large platform. Which do you thing is better pack to have.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

I am looking for a new pack for next year have narrowed down to X2, Superday. I have a muddy camera arm set up with the new Custom gear LW Compact sticks and a large platform. Which do you thing is better pack to have.

@Guff Dawg

He’s the local pack guru
I’m sure he can help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just starting down this rabbit hole myself. I don’t have experience with either pack, but I did just purchase a popup28 from another member on here. The popup carries the load more easily than the badlands release or the Scent Lok rogue I have used the past few seasons. I would ask yourself how do you want to carry your items into and out of the woods. Strapped to the outside of the pack, stuffed inside the pack and its pockets, or tucked into a load bearing shelf/frame apparatus. This is how I approached my decision making process, but I know it won’t work that way for everyone.

I was looking at the superday too and recently went with the Diablo Dos. You pretty much get a framed superday and at only 5oz more weight. Plus I have heard a lot complain about the flap over the main compartment on the superday making it hard to open and close.

Just to throw some more into your thoughts. Good luck but sound like either way you go some great packs.

I have had a lot of packs including the Superday and the X2. I would pick the X2 over the Superday personally.

Of those 2 I would suggest the X2. I just got a superday and I am less than impressed with the zippers. They are loud and not very smooth.

I highly recommend the MR packs The yoke system is phenomenal for carrying a load of any kind.

I used a Sitka fanatic pack most of the season. It’s a nice pack but with it’s lack of structure it is not a good option for carrying in a lot of weight. I strapped 5 beast sticks to mine and that’s about the max I would want to carry on that pack.

So if a look at MR what style pack would you all suggest. I want to strap my platform and sticks to the out side and camera gear with call exc inside. If anyone has a MR can they post a pic

So if a look at MR what style pack would you all suggest. I want to strap my platform and sticks to the out side and camera gear with call exc inside. If anyone has a MR can they post a pic

The pop up series is great
Considering the 38 myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have many options. The pop ups don’t have Molle webbing on the outside of the bag, but offer side straps for cinching down unused main compartment volume. There’s a load shelf between the frame and pack itself that is handy for carrying gear, but really is intended for hauling meat once the harvest occurs.
Check em out. Sorry I don’t have pics of my pack in action. Have only hunted with it twice, but can say it is much more versatile than the packs I’ve used previously.

Well ended up getting a Superday Pack and I really think im going to like this pack. I picked it up for 120 shipped and the pack looks brand new. Thanks for all the help everyone

Back