• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Packing sticks

shwacker

Dec 10, 2018
02d07b0b0e622be7455fb0c9eea949bf.jpg
bf3cc53f9352bf8d48eb12aed84e0ee0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nutterbuster

EricS

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Dec 14, 2016
Georgia
That’s why I don’t like my original lone wolfs and also why I rarely use sticks. He should raise them up some but really if you go much higher you get into the range where they just grab limbs and vines when you duck under them. I want to make a short set to use with my hybrid. Like pack sideways and not stick out past the seat short.

blzn04

Dec 14, 2018
This is my biggest struggle. I literally sit in my garage a few nights a week trying to figure out how i want to carry all my gear. I have a really good backpack the has a bow holder then a flap that folds over that that holds my platform. But my sticks are just the awkward part of the equation. Mainly because i ride a bike for the first 1-1.5miles to get to my spots that are 2-3 miles deep. So everything has to be on my back at some point. I have WE stepps that secure cleanly to the bottom of the pack but I am not as confident in using them yet. I have stretched the ropes for many days and cant seem to get them to hold steady enough for aider usage. and im not going to carry more that 5 into the woods. Because my sticks only weigh 7 lbs and are way easier/fool proof

cb750

Nov 18, 2017
SWO
A bit hard to see but my sticks were modified just a touch more and aren't on the pack right now. 4 sticks in pairs strapped to either side of the bag. Nite-ize twist around both as well quite solid and quiet like that. Debating on whether or not to spray them with plasti-dip to deaden them more
Screenshot_20190801-095029_Gallery.jpg

d_rek

Sep 25, 2014
SELP Michigan
You don't want your sticks hanging that low. They're going to get snagged up on a lot of things and also bang into the back of your calves while walking, while also sagging your whole pack and causing discomfort and chafing on your shoulders. The bottom of the sticks should be about level with your butt, and it's better for them to stick out over your head than to hang down too low.

Here's a couple pics of my DIY sticks and a horn hunter full curl combo frame:
jKfoGe7.jpg

NOZkzZb.jpg

ArcherAdam

Feb 10, 2019
I am rocking a GPG Full Rut pack. I tried doing a 2x2 vertical set up on the side molle webbing. It wont work to my liking. Looks like I will be using the bed roll straps for my sticks. Fortunately I am flexible enough to unsnap them without taking my pack off.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: TNSTAAFL

patriotoutlaw

Jan 12, 2017
Missouri
I set my full length LW sticks head high. That is still too tall for a lot of places. Which is why I use WE Stepps most of the time. I'm not up on the pic takin thing like maybe I should be, so I can't show my set up. But I do know this: Old boy in that first picture ain't crossing any fences.

Reactions: EricS