• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Packs FFS..

ETarrant

SH Member
This is my fifth year in the saddle, I have refined my system to what I believe works very well. But as we know tinkering never ends, lol.
As of right now I run a Horn Hunter main beam and I have been using it for the past 3 years. It works almost flawlessly except for the fact that I find it makes some noise because of the internal frame. Honestly I'm probably just nitpicking but as we go through this system we always seem to try and look for something better.
I'm curious to see what other's have been running for pack? I have seen the trophy line cays pack and it interests me very much but I'm wondering how many other people have it and are satisfied with it?
So I run wild edge steps, I'm not so concerned about the extra weight, I don't use an aider. I run 10 steps and I can get to 20 ft or more. I like to run the steps on the outside of the pack and my concern with the trophy line 2.0 is how the wild edge steps will fit. Does anybody use this pack with wild edge steps? And if so I would love to see some pictures on how you set it up. Also any other pack that's recommended I would love to hear about.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

i use a mystery ranch scree 32 liter and love that the distance between shoulder and waist support is length adjustable, i'll never own another saddle hunting pack without that feature

I love my Eberlestock M1 Carrier. It can be modded quite extensively for your own needs. I'll be using it to carry my Mission climbing platform. I'll be using that setup for mid season through late season. When I 1 stick I'll be using a smaller custom pack. I made that for early season/quick hunts (when I'm not carrying alot of stuff).

This is my fifth year in the saddle, I have refined my system to what I believe works very well. But as we know tinkering never ends, lol.
As of right now I run a Horn Hunter main beam and I have been using it for the past 3 years. It works almost flawlessly except for the fact that I find it makes some noise because of the internal frame. Honestly I'm probably just nitpicking but as we go through this system we always seem to try and look for something better.
I'm curious to see what other's have been running for pack? I have seen the trophy line cays pack and it interests me very much but I'm wondering how many other people have it and are satisfied with it?
So I run wild edge steps, I'm not so concerned about the extra weight, I don't use an aider. I run 10 steps and I can get to 20 ft or more. I like to run the steps on the outside of the pack and my concern with the trophy line 2.0 is how the wild edge steps will fit. Does anybody use this pack with wild edge steps? And if so I would love to see some pictures on how you set it up. Also any other pack that's recommended I would love to hear about.

Eberlestock X2 here.

Thanks for the different options, I'm looking at all of the them.

mystery ranch has a ton of options in backpacking, hunting, and tactical....many can work....my scree is a hiking pack.....but all of them have adjustable yoke and great quality.....i picked the scree because it was cheaper and lighter weight....with the hiking packs you should think about cutting off the metal zipper tabs and running cord through the zipper as a pull tab

I went with the Badlands Vario pack system for a couple of reasons. I plan on doing some out west camping hunts, so I wanted a frame pack that could fit what I need plus be a meat hauler. I also wanted a larger pack to hold my cold weather gear I need here in Michigan when the temps drop. I sweat too much wearing it all in, and it can catch on too much stuff if I strap it to the outside of my pack, so this lets me streamline it. I also got the smaller day pack for the system for the early season, which can be used with the frame or without. If I use it with the frame, I can still haul the meat out instead of dragging...which is definitely looking like my preferred method this year.

So far the pack has checked all my boxes, and since it has arguably the best warranty around, and I seem to have bad luck, it was worth the high price tag.

I just got in the CAYS 2.0 and I really like it! Seems well made, holds all my gear and has room for way more! I’d love to try an X2, or kuiu. I like Trophyline since their saddle guys so it’s keeping my products in the family if that means anything to you!

I have been using a Badlands Superday. My Predator platform fits in the pack and 3 Beast sticks w/aiders attached w/the cross straps. The Suoerday is big enough in cold weather to pack xtra layers as well. I also have a smaller Badlands pack for warmer months I use the same way.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I just got in the CAYS 2.0 and I really like it! Seems well made, holds all my gear and has room for way more! I’d love to try an X2, or kuiu. I like Trophyline since their saddle guys so it’s keeping my products in the family if that means anything to you!
What pack were you using before?

What pack were you using before?

Walmart special starting falling apart right away. That’s why I’d listen to these guys cause I did and I’m glad I did. They helped me a bunch.

The X2 seems like it might fit my style. I'm hoping some others chime in about the cays pack.

Eberlestock X2 for me. And it is rarely more than half full.

IMO, it is far better and more comfortable to underload a slightly heavier pack than overload an ultralight pack with the same gear.

Eberlestock X2 for me. And it is rarely more than half full.

IMO, it is far better and more comfortable to underload a slightly heavier pack than overload an ultralight pack with the same gear.
Do you notice any noise coming from the pack while you walk with the internal frame? Or any noise at all? Honestly my Horn Hunter main beam has been a great pack other than the fact that it squeaks while I walk because of the internal frame.

I would like to thank everybody that responded to my post, I found myself an X2 from a member , Thanks again

Seriously a good pack is a major part of this. My girlfriend gives me **** all the time about spending $400 on a pack but I never question if my Mystery Ranch Pintler is the right tool for the job. By once cry once

Back