• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Painted WE Steps

LarryB52

Let's see them WE steps with those fancy paint jobs. I need some ideas. If you don't mind including your color choices and whether you used a sponge, bath luffa or whatever you used. Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Let's see them WE steps with those fancy paint jobs. I need some ideas. If you don't mind including your color choices and whether you used a sponge, bath luffa or whatever you used. Thanks guys!

Man the natural color of the WS really blends in to most trees and habitats. I'd leave them just the way they are, but give them a facelift so we can get new ideas for the off season

Man the natural color of the WS really blends in to most trees and habitats. I'd leave them just the way they are, but give them a facelift so we can get new ideas for the off season

Agreed. And by the time you wrap them with vet tape there isn’t much left showing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boooring lol. I may just leave as is and paint them in the spring. I've seen some pretty cool sticks with diy paint jobs. May just go one of those routes.

Check these out

Check these out
I actually traded swampsnyper. He had the vet tape on them but I would like paint better. The tape is peeling and the sticky residue is way too much for my OCD lol.

Primal steps. Base coat tan then used a pack of kitchen sponge from DG to add on grey and brown then dirtied up some white with tan for the last bit. I used less of each color as I went. Also left the straps on and kind of loosely folded up as I did the base coat in hopes it would kind of break up the form on the tree. Also I filled with great stuff and coated with plasti dip before base coat. Then sprayed the center bar with the textured paint ( stone I think it’s called) on top of base coat before sponging, for added grip. Should probably do the zip tie mod. This turned out OK but next thing I paint is getting swirl/dipped. Those sticks and platforms look great.

Attachments

• DC3B2F42-025C-439F-9FD5-61746DB65337.jpeg
    DC3B2F42-025C-439F-9FD5-61746DB65337.jpeg
    361.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Primal steps. Base coat tan then used a pack of kitchen sponge from DG to add on grey and brown then dirtied up some white with tan for the last bit. I used less of each color as I went. Also left the straps on and kind of loosely folded up as I did the base coat in hopes it would kind of break up the form on the tree. Also I filled with great stuff and coated with plasti dip before base coat. Then sprayed the center bar with the textured paint ( stone I think it’s called) on top of base coat before sponging, for added grip. Should probably do the zip tie mod. This turned out OK but next thing I paint is getting swirl/dipped. Those sticks and platforms look great.
Sorry for the super late reply. Those look great man!

Back