• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Passed On My First Saddle/Bow Kill

Had the opportunity to get my first saddle and first bow kill this morning but unfortunately it was a TENDER doe.

Don’t blame you for passing. I shot several does last year while figuring out how to take different shots from the saddle without getting busted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t blame you for passing. I shot several does last year while figuring out how to take different shots from the saddle without getting busted.

I hate to pass up the opportunity on good meat but I don’t think she had enough on her to justify the hassle of gutting and dragging her, if I would have put a good shot on her and put her down.

Now, if she was a two year or older doe, I wouldn’t have thought twice if given the same opportunity. I’m not above shooting does for meat, just rather not take out ones that haven’t had the opportunity to add to the herd (seems slim on the public I’m hunting anyways).

Yep. It’s my last day in MO and I had planned to shoot a doe, but the only one to come by was a yearling so I let her walk for the same reason.

Yep. It’s my last day in MO and I had planned to shoot a doe, but the only one to come by was a yearling so I let her walk for the same reason.

In WV we have until the end of December for bow season, so I still have plenty of chances to knock one (or a few) down hopefully. Also, our two week rifle season is coming up.

I don’t blame you. I’m on public land and am an “equal opportunity killer” as one might call it. I’m looking for the first deer that gives me a chance at an ez shot and hopefully clean ethical kill…..I probably would have killed it if it was nice and round looking. If I see boney then I’ll pass. My first was a doe that looked fat and round, but was also probably a yearling. Looking for my second deer and first from the saddle. I did have an opportunity the other night, but I climbed a tree maybe 20 yards from the stand my friend was in and he was up. I got to watch him shoot his first bow deer and it was as much fun as if I had shot it myself!

Back