• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Phantom or the latitude classic 2

Mike32

Looking for opinions on both of these, not sure which one I should get. I kinda like the latitude with no buckles, but not sure if that's really all that important. So any opinions or comments on them would be great.

Looking for opinions on both of these, not sure which one I should get. I kinda like the latitude with no buckles, but not sure if that's really all that important. So any opinions or comments on them would be great.

I haven't sat in either but, I have only heard good things about the classic. If I were to buy another single panel saddle that would be the one I would personally buy.

I have no experience with the latitude, but I hated the Phantom's comfort channels while one-sticking. The bridge would slip (or change) anytime there was any slack in the tether.

The phantom sucks for sitting without your knees together. Lots of pinch in the outside of the thighs. The leg straps are also low on the thigh and annoying as hell walking in.

I highly recommend the classic 2. I personally think it’s a way better saddle.

I have the first latitude classic (with buckles) and it’s frikin awesome. I have to think the classic 2 is also awesome.

Never tried any phantom gear so can’t speak to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the Phantom for part of the season last year and found it uncomfortable because the width from thigh to back was not enough. I got a Latitude Classic (generation 1) and will be using it this year. It is much more comfortable for me than the Phantom because it has extra material. I would HIGHLY suggest the Latitude Classic over the Phantom, whichever generation you get.

I used the Phantom for part of the season last year and found it uncomfortable because the width from thigh to back was not enough. I got a Latitude Classic (generation 1) and will be using it this year. It is much more comfortable for me than the Phantom because it has extra material. I would HIGHLY suggest the Latitude Classic over the Phantom, whichever generation you get.

Gonna be my first year saddle hunting but I came to the same conclusion. That extra width on the latitude makes it a lot more comfortable. Also the bridge attachment is a lot less fidly than the balls on the tethred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the Phantom and the Classic 1 last year. I like them both about equally honestly. I just sold the classic to a buddy of mine because, of the two, he liked it better. It’s a tad longer than the phantom so he liked that.
Both are solid saddles but one may fit your body type better than the other.

Back