• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pine Tree Anchor Points

Thunter

Most of the areas I hunt are leased southern pine forests with few hardwoods. Prior to next season, I would like to pick some pine trees and leave para cord in the trees to pull up a rope for SRT ascent. I don't trust the branches. I can go over a branch and around the trunk with the para cord and then the rope and reverse after rappelling back down but noisy pulling the rope and it could get stuck in the crook. I'm wondering if anyone creates a semi-permanent anchor point using rope, webbing, cable, chain or something else?

Pine trees = srt frustration...I bought 3 sticks that I now carry for that exact reason, it’s not always easy finding hardwoods near me so if I do I will srt/drt them if I can only hunt pines I’ll use my sticks....now that I’ve been using the sticks I actually prefer them when going on freelance hunts because you never know if there will be a tie in.....good luck

Notch dryad. Simple and easy to splice. Splice an aluminum ring on one end that is small enough to pass through a bigger aluminum ring spliced on the other end. Run your paracord through the ring that’s hanging. Could switch to steel, and I’d imagine you can build them for 5-10 bucks.

Notch dryad. Simple and easy to splice. Splice an aluminum ring on one end that is small enough to pass through a bigger aluminum ring spliced on the other end. Run your paracord through the ring that’s hanging. Could switch to steel, and I’d imagine you can build them for 5-10
Notch dryad. Simple and easy to splice. Splice an aluminum ring on one end that is small enough to pass through a bigger aluminum ring spliced on the other end. Run your paracord through the ring that’s hanging. Could switch to steel, and I’d imagine you can build them for 5-10 bucks.
How long a peice of notch dryad are you useing????

I have been interested in using srt also. I live in North idaho and only have coniferous trees to hunt from and need to find a solution to this also. How long will dryad last? Would you trust hanging from it if you left it in a tree all season? Could you use them year after year? You can buy something similar from a arborist site but Idk how much they are. I'm a logger and I was thinking chokers would work well for presets

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Back