• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pistol carry set up

Jswalker13

Does anyone have a creative pistol carry setup? Seems like a standard side carry holster won’t work in my saddle. I tried am the Eberlestock Nosegunner but that would have to come off to get a bow shot. I would like a solution that stays on me. I was thinking a drop leg setup possibly. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I have a diamond d guides choice chest holster on order for this very reason, check it out, one more week and it should be here, there is some non leather versions floating around also that mite work for you, I always carry on my hip but thought the chest deal mite be more comfortable, I am a rifle man, I don’t bow hunt anymore.

I have a diamond d guides choice chest holster on order for this very reason, check it out, one more week and it should be here, there is some non leather versions floating around also that mite work for you, I always carry on my hip but thought the chest deal mite be more comfortable, I am a rifle man, I don’t bow hunt anymore.
Thanks! I will check it out.

Can’t carry in Missouri during bow season unless you get a conceal and carry license. Which is pretty much obsolete since you are allowed to carry without one in the state Any other time now.

Can’t carry in Missouri during bow season unless you get a conceal and carry license. Which is pretty much obsolete since you are allowed to carry without one in the state Any other time now.
I’m just below you in Arkansas. I got my CCL years ago but we pretty much don’t need it here either. I keep it for traveling reciprocity. That’s crazy you can’t carry.

I have a Double D chest holster for my Sig P226, 10mm. Great holster and a must firearm for tracking bear.

I’m just below you in Arkansas. I got my CCL years ago but we pretty much don’t need it here either. I keep it for traveling reciprocity. That’s crazy you can’t carry.
It sucks! I’m thinking of getting CCL for same the travel part also. Plus it would be a piece of mind since one year I was hunting I had my truck stolen while on stand!!

I have a Double D chest holster for my Sig P226, 10mm. Great holster and a must firearm for tracking bear.
Exactly what I got it for, thats good to hear, I’m 6 weeks in on a 7 week wait for it to show up, I carry a smith model 69 44 mag, we used to deal with nuisance bears for the gov some

Exactly what I got it for, thats good to hear, I’m 6 weeks in on a 7 week wait for it to show up, I carry a smith model 69 44 mag, we used to deal with nuisance bears for the gov some
I have carried a firearm on my hip for 30 plus years and can't stand it. The chest rig is so comfortable and so easy to get to when needed. If I carry my Sig P326, its in a Vedders holster in the front waist band. Another really fine holster for conceal carry.

I have carried a firearm on my hip for 30 plus years and can't stand it. The chest rig is so comfortable and so easy to get to when needed. If I carry my Sig P326, its in a Vedders holster in the front waist band. Another really fine holster for conceal carry.
That’s awesome to hear I can’t wait, 21 years for me and this will be my first quality holster!

I am really looking at this setup. I guess my bino case will just sit on top of it.

I am really looking at this setup. I guess my bino case will just sit on top of it.
My EDC is a Kimber micro 9 whick I can keep anywhere comfortably. I am going to carry a Taurus Judge in the woods which I bulky for me IWB. I think the chest rig maybe where it’s at.

My carry gun is a smith airlite 357 scandium and bought the diamond d for the dirty harry beast, I think your on the right track, there is a really good youtube video of the diamond d and judge, basically it sold me.

The Diamond D works really well on large handguns. The holster is very expensive. So, in my opinion, it is a long term holster purchase and you need to be happy with the firearm you are going to carry. If I'm going to carry a large handgun in the woods for protection, you can't beat a 44 mag or 10mm.

The Diamond D works really well on large handguns. The holster is very expensive. So, in my opinion, it is a long term holster purchase and you need to be happy with the firearm you are going to carry. If I'm going to carry a large handgun in the woods for protection, you can't beat a 44 mag or 10mm.
I agree 100%

Back