• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platforms search

Chandler96

SH Member
Are there any platforms that aren't communally known? I'm looking for a new one and don't want to miss anything.

Are there any platforms that aren't communally known? I'm looking for a new one and don't want to miss anything.
If you want a cool new carbon one, wait a few weeks. If not, I'm more of the opinion that you shouldn't stray too far from what the knowledgeable folks on this site recommend. We have all tested and worked through the ones that work and don't work. If you are okay being the first to try something, then have fun and post feedback for the rest of us please.

That thing looks beefy for being so light. Has anyone tried one yet?
I stood on one at the northern mobile hunters expo but I didn't play around with it much other than that. I'm an x- wing guy so I can't really speak to if it's roomy or not but it was solid on the test pole there. Dryad had them at the show.

I would note that those are , or at least appear to be, machined from a solid chunk of aluminum, not water jet or cast. I could look into it I suppose but I bet that is a very big positive, and not just for aesthetics.

Full disclosure I'm a mill guy and water jet doesn't count as " machined" in my book, ya bums :sweatsmile: :tearsofjoy:

I'm more of the opinion that you shouldn't stray too far from what the knowledgeable folks on this site recommend. We have all tested and worked through the ones that work and don't work. If you are okay being the first to try something, then have fun and post feedback for the rest of us please.

A guy I used to hunt/fish with we’d talk about this all the time. He stuck with the tried and true and being a small business owner I often like to support smaller companies, clever designs, etc knowing it can be a gamble. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn’t, and believe me, he’d let me know when it didn’t :D

Last edited:
Am I missing something? Do they not finish them? I noticed in all the pictures they’re bright shiny aluminum.

It would probably need a paint job if you care that much about it but its light, strong and cheap while being packable.

I'm eying this up pretty hard myself. Looks like a solid contender.
And as much as I love my Drey, the Ape Canyons are stylie......

Back