• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platforms?

Danny_DeerVito

What’s the opinion on using a cheap hang-on or climbing tree stand as a platform?

I’ve noticed that some tree stands are cheaper than the top quality saddle platforms.

Night not be one of the highest ranking platforms, but it's definitely cheap enough to give it a shot. I got one coming in Monday.
d7334770297379916898d7f243c2193f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Night not be one of the highest ranking platforms, but it's definitely cheap enough to give it a shot. I got one coming in Monday.
d7334770297379916898d7f243c2193f.jpg

I got the hawk saddle, and I like it so far, but watching the videos about the platform I don’t really trust them.

I'll definitely be trying to push the limits of it at ground level before I get 20ft up on it. $60 is a low risk price if I don't like it.

Is weigh something you care about? You can find a few Hawk Helium tree stand for cheap and use just the seat. Basically has the same feel of a Treesuit Platform. I have done the same as this guy video. Nothing wrong with it except weight. I would use 2 straps to help with side pressure

I used the bottom half of my lone wolf climber as a platform for a whole season 2 years ago. It was very comfortable but way to big and bulky to carry. Also not very stable when standing on the sides. Last season I used the Mission platform and it’s way better in every aspect than the climber bottom.

What’s the opinion on using a cheap hang-on or climbing tree stand as a platform?

I’ve noticed that some tree stands are cheaper than the top quality saddle platforms.
I love Cruzr's new platform, the angle is game changer for sure

I’m saddle virgin. Mine will be here Saturday. I ordered the Predator. I know it’s expensive but I look at it like this. it’s new to me and I don’t wanna skimp on saddle or platform for safety reasons. That may be unwarranted but I’m not chancing it. Worth the money to spend it once and be done. Also, I wanna go light as possible because that’s the only reason I’m doing this to begin with. Trying to give myself a mobile option for public land tho I may like it so well I just use it almost exclusively. Don’t know, but I’ll find out this weekend when I try it out on a few trees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m saddle virgin. Mine will be here Saturday. I ordered the Predator. I know it’s expensive but I look at it like this. it’s new to me and I don’t wanna skimp on saddle or platform for safety reasons. That may be unwarranted but I’m not chancing it. Worth the money to spend it once and be done. Also, I wanna go light as possible because that’s the only reason I’m doing this to begin with. Trying to give myself a mobile option for public land tho I may like it so well I just use it almost exclusively. Don’t know, but I’ll find out this weekend when I try it out on a few trees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah I think I’m at the point where I’m either getting the predator, Cruzr’s angled platform, or XOP’s new platform coming out next month.
I’m a young guy, but I already have knee and back problems from injuries so I know I’ll regret it if I don’t spend a little extra for the best safety and comfort.

And when I initially got my gear I went cheap and bought a ring of steps. However, after spending just a couple hours on my climbing sticks hanging trail cams on public this past weekend, I know that ring of steps will just be some gear-hangers for me.

I'm also new to this game. Ordered a Predator XL, guess I'll see how it works. I was going to order the Cruzr but it was on backorder.

Trophyline Mission is great. First responder discount if you qualify can get it to your house for $170.

Back