• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Please Take A Few Minutes And Watch This Video (Covid-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's all well and good but I've been working shoulder to shoulder with guys from every wildlife district in my state for the last three weeks stocking fish. At the very best my work place is an epicenter of activity/possible contamination. Knock on wood I've remained corona free to this point, and have been in lock down personally with only two or three trips out into the public for as many weeks. Their talking about ceasing the current activities for a couple of weeks to get past the peak, which will take a load off my mind. My wife just took a voluntary furlough from her work to limit her exposure. Every little bit helps.

Comparing the Corona Virus with glitter is a great visual help...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKx-F4A ... e=youtu.be

Apparently we don’t just have to think about death but morbidity from this virus.
A survivor of severe effects may have permanent lung damage and increased risk of long term mental impairment due to an extended period of oxygen deprivation especially those over 60 years old. Your life expectancy and quality of life will be reduced
If you go into ICU you may never see your family again and will die alone. This is happening.
So this is no joke. So Easter is coming, where death was conquered. Now is a good time to reflect on eternity in light of our eventual mortality. I have no fear of death but I do fear morbidity and a reduced quality of life.

Thanks for the video about buying groceries. I will show it to my wife.

This is what are the long and short term effects of an ICU stay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Apparently we don’t just have to think about death but morbidity from this virus.
A survivor of severe effects may have permanent lung damage and increased risk of long term mental impairment due to an extended period of oxygen deprivation especially those over 60 years old. Your life expectancy and quality of life will be reduced
If you go into ICU you may never see your family again and will die alone. This is happening.
So this is no joke. So Easter is coming, where death was conquered. Now is a good time to reflect on eternity in light of our eventual mortality. I have no fear of death but I do fear morbidity and a reduced quality of life.

Thanks for the video about buying groceries. I will show it to my wife.

Please don't take my joking as trying to be rude. It's just my way of dealing with things. But to be honest I'm not doing anything different nor is my wife. She is also a registered nurse and works at a hospital here. The guy in the video is absolutely correct all those extreme steps are what it would take to keep from getting this virus. 99.9% of people are not doing any of that. My favorite are the pieces of plexiglass they have hung between you and the cashiers at the convenience store. That and watching them handle merchandise and money and then go to playing with their phone because they have gloves on. People have no clue. Me personally I guess I would be what you call a virus Rebel. Honestly I think I may have already had this, but regardless I don't wash my hands any more frequently and I have never purchased hand sanitizer in my life. I also do not use antibacterial soap unless I happen to be at a public restroom and that's what they have in the dispenser. I also shook hands with a homeless man after giving him some money. The only thing that has changed for me is how everybody else has changed. I don't know if it'll ever be the same after this which sucks for Humanity if you ask me.

Please don't take my joking as trying to be rude. It's just my way of dealing with things. But to be honest I'm not doing anything different nor is my wife. She is also a registered nurse and works at a hospital here. The guy in the video is absolutely correct all those extreme steps are what it would take to keep from getting this virus. 99.9% of people are not doing any of that. My favorite are the pieces of plexiglass they have hung between you and the cashiers at the convenience store. That and watching them handle merchandise and money and then go to playing with their phone because they have gloves on. People have no clue. Me personally I guess I would be what you call a virus Rebel. Honestly I think I may have already had this, but regardless I don't wash my hands any more frequently and I have never purchased hand sanitizer in my life. I also do not use antibacterial soap unless I happen to be at a public restroom and that's what they have in the dispenser. I also shook hands with a homeless man after giving him some money. The only thing that has changed for me is how everybody else has changed. I don't know if it'll ever be the same after this which sucks for Humanity if you ask me.

In Taiwan and South Korea where the SARS outbreaks were severe , they prepared for this and the effects on people and the economy are much less because of the previous experiences with SARS .
They were prepared and collectively acted as democratic and free societies to combat this. They practice what we should do.
In North America and Europe we will suffer because of our lackadaisical approach.
I have not been careful enough.

In Taiwan and South Korea where the SARS outbreaks were severe , they prepared for this and the effects on people and the economy are much less because of the previous experiences with SARS .
They were prepared and collectively acted as democratic and free societies to combat this. They practice what we should do.
In North America and Europe we will suffer because of our lackadaisical approach.
I have not been careful enough.

I guess I live in Blissful ignorance. I don't listen to the radio. I don't listen to talk radio anymore and I don't listen to the news ever. I turned it on for a little bit when this first started and I got tired of them trying to sell fear which is typical for news organizations so I turned it all back off. Not sure about what's going on in Korea or elsewhere in the world. I'm just going to keep cutting grass.

I guess I live in Blissful ignorance. I don't listen to the radio. I don't listen to talk radio anymore and I don't listen to the news ever. I turned it on for a little bit when this first started and I got tired of them trying to sell fear which is typical for news organizations so I turned it all back off. Not sure about what's going on in Korea or elsewhere in the world. I'm just going to keep cutting grass.
I hear ya brother. I guess only time will tell. I am not going bat sh $t crazy about it. Just keeping my distance from other and washing my hands. But I have been doing this my entire life, so not much has changed for me. CDC said yesterday, this thing is passed through the air. It's airborne. Not just if someone spits on you. Good luck everyone. I want to see you all at SaddlePalooza2021 next year.

Just my crazy brain at work here: I wonder if a scentlok mask would be sufficient enough as a mask material for N-95 type masks. I just read a story about how they're baking masks in an oven to reuse them(exactly like scentlok clothes). I mean they are made from activated carbon so I don't see why not!

Just my crazy brain at work here: I wonder if a scentlok mask would be sufficient enough as a mask material for N-95 type masks. I just read a story about how they're baking masks in an oven to reuse them(exactly like scentlok clothes). I mean they are made from activated carbon so I don't see why not!
That sounds better than my t-shirt over my face. LOL haha.

Many people here have an ozone generator which oxidizes many compounds. An hour in a closed room or large cardboard box with an ozone generator should disinfect these groceries without spraying disinfectant on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back