• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Poor man’s adjustable bridge idea

Alright Im giving in. It’s a bowline knot.

I learned a lot from this guy. I would use at minimum a double bowline with stopper knot.

I learned a lot from this guy. I would use at minimum a double bowline with stopper knot.
The single bowline with the Yosemite finish looks like what I’ll use.

I’m not familiar. I’ll have to look it up.
Looks like a good quick knot to put in the center to get it a little shorter. I think you’d be limited on how short you can get it with that knot though. It reminds me of a dropper knot. Cool!

The single bowline with the Yosemite finish looks like what I’ll use.
If I want a lot more secure bowline I use the double. I sometimes am not sure where to go with the Yosemite end. If you do it wrong the knot can fall apart.

If I want a lot more secure bowline I use the double. I sometimes am not sure where to go with the Yosemite end. If you do it wrong the knot can fall apart.
That or the back up double fisherman will be fine for me.

I cant see regular bowline knots failing. We used this not for parasailing all the time and never killed anybody. Lots of weird stuff going on all day and that knot never came loose or failed. Now we use a soft shackle. shout out @Red Beard :cool:. Somebody did just die down in the keys though...woops! Not the knots fault tho. Cpt. Was an ******* n shouldnt have been flying people in that wind.

Back