• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Predator Mini

Pilk64

Tethrd came out with the Predator XL and there is the Mission platform that are pretty large and not so easy to pack in (in my opinion since Im trying to reduce bulk and weight) So I see some very small platforms for the top of sticks and and for me are quite ample in space for half day hunts at the least...I climb with spurs so I dont have the option of a small platform on a stick...I have been thinking of cutting the post down on my predator and possibly some modifying to the platform also to reduce bulk and weight...I wish Tethrd would come out with the Predator mini or Predator Lite model for us minimalist saddle hunters...any thoughts?

I don't know if there would be enough of a demand for it. On the other hand ooal and others sell a pile of them. So in other words.... I don't know :grinning:

Scout platform from OOAL. I have a scout on my stick and it is minimalist to say the least.

making a smaller platform for saddle hunting

You go any smaller and you should just go with a ring of steps.

I think Tethrd has their hands full as it is, trying to get it right with what they have. OOAL has an assortment of platform sizes. There are some Artisan platforms that fit the bill as well. I don’t think tethrd needs to do anything different right now, besides refocus. Maybe once they can figure out how to keep the Predator platforms from breaking, maybe then look to make something different.

Semper Fi,
Mike
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spurs and two steps on an ocb really wasn’t too bad this year.
I had a couple squirrel steps on an ocb also this season in addition to the predator...it gave me more stable footing if I'd had an akward shot...I think I am going to add two more for next season tho...well that makes me about half way to a ring of steps I suppose...I take my spurs off after i attach my tether and get on the platform...I rappel down so I dont have to put the spurs back on ...they get attached to the side of my pack ...I am goi g to look into other platforms and see how well they work...dont get me wrong I really like the predator but I could get away with about 3/4 the size and weight...the width is ok but the depth and length of the post is longer than necessary for me

I think Tethrd has their hands full as it is, trying to get it right with what they have. OOAL has an assortment of platform sizes. There are some Artisan platforms that fit the bill as well. I don’t think tethrd needs to do anything different right now, besides refocus. Maybe once they can figure out how to keep the Predator platforms from breaking, maybe then look to make something different.

Semper Fi,
Mike
Not a Tethr'd fan I take it...

Not a Tethr'd fan I take it...

No. It is my opinion that their success up to this point is a result of marketing and online presence, and not so much product quality and customer service.

Nonetheless, I don’t see the need to introduce another, smaller platform. It would likely be a copy of what’s already on the market anyway. Of course, when one of the current Predator platforms break, I guess it can become a “mini” anyway.

Semper Fi,
Mike

Pilk64 order a preset solo scout by OOAL before there sale is over, it sounds like exactly like what your looking for, I ordered one, if it doesn’t work out it will be in the classifieds. The scout on a stick was awesome but I’m not planning on using sticks much next season, this should solve that.

Pilk64 order a preset solo scout by OOAL before there sale is over, it sounds like exactly like what your looking for, I ordered one, if it doesn’t work out it will be in the classifieds. The scout on a stick was awesome but I’m not planning on using sticks much next season, this should solve that.
thanks buddy...I will definitely look into that ...best wishes

No. It is my opinion that their success up to this point is a result of marketing and online presence, and not so much product quality and customer service.

Nonetheless, I don’t see the need to introduce another, smaller platform. It would likely be a copy of what’s already on the market anyway. Of course, when one of the current Predator platforms break, I guess it can become a “mini” anyway.

Semper Fi,
Mike
dang!

Back