• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Predator platform “clink”

Jammintree

SH Member
So last November my predator platform broke and tethrd immediately sent me a new one, which I greatly appreciated. Prior to breaking, the old one operated silently. When I used the replacement last season it would occasionally make a little clink noise. This year I noticed it had continued, but on tonight’s sit it started clinking every time I shift my weight. Is this a thing that others are experiencing as well? Has anyone diagnosed and solved this? With the prerut raging and the rut right around the corner, I can’t take this platform into the woods till I solve the issue.

Mine made a small noise when I had that bottom screw too loose, if there wasn’t pressure on it it would slightly relax and then when the pressure came back click a little. I adjusted it to be more level but a little piece of felt or fabric or even tape would’ve stopped it too. I also had my top bracket a little loose (user error) and that clicked when I moved. Good luck!

Mine has never made a sound. I would look closely for cracks.
When you put it down the leveling screw doesn’t click the main post? That’s what I had. The top bracket thing was on me and could only happen once but it did.

This was a problem with all of the gen 1’s. You had to take the bolt out that holds the platform and post together and wax it like @enkriss said. When they first came out with the gen 2 they claimed the bolts were pre waxed. I’ve heard of some gen 2’s that start doing it with use. My sons just started popping this year. A little bow string wax should fix it for a while.

This was a problem with all of the gen 1’s. You had to take the bolt out that holds the platform and post together and wax it like @enkriss said. When they first came out with the gen 2 they claimed the bolts were pre waxed. I’ve heard of some gen 2’s that start doing it with use. My sons just started popping this year. A little bow string wax should fix it for a while.
I’m guessing this is a gen 3…. You’d think they’d have figured it out by now!

So I did all the things y’all suggested and am now in a tree hunting with it again. It seems to be silent - though the winds are 15mph + so I can’t be certain. THANK YOU for saving me time and energy to research / trouble shoot!

Back