• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Predator Platform/Mini Versa Strap Combo

Backstrap Assassin

I love the predator paired with a mini versa strap....if you put weight on the platform before camming it down you can get it pretty rock solid.

My only compliant is I'm having a hard time getting the mini versa strap off the predator platform button. The last two times I thought I was going to have to cut it off! I'm considering grinding down the button a little to make it easier to slip the mini versa strap on/off it. Has anyone does this?

I love the predator paired with a mini versa strap....if you put weight on the platform before camming it down you can get it pretty rock solid.

My only compliant is I'm having a hard time getting the mini versa strap off the predator platform button. The last two times I thought I was going to have to cut it off! I'm considering grinding down the button a little to make it easier to slip the mini versa strap on/off it. Has anyone does this?
Cut a flat on the top of the button. It will make your life easier.

If you cut the top of the button off, the strap should slip on and off easier without loosing any of the securing mechanics of the button. Make sure you file everything smooth. Cut or file a little off at a time until you get the fit you want. ;) If you reduce the diameter of the button, you loose some of the working area of the button holding the strap, removing material from the top, you don't.

Platform.png

Last edited:
I tried the versa strap on the platform ...... I prefer the original strap with the metal binder. The versa strap was to finicky and although I could get it solid the platform was too far below the strap when locked in.... made it tricky working around limbs/tree knots. Original strap for me.

I like the versa straps on climbing sticks though.

4th amsteel daisy chain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I’ve seen it but don’t recall where. Who on the forum makes amsteel daisy chains for sale? Been wanting to try one with my predator.

I know I’ve seen it but don’t recall where. Who on the forum makes amsteel daisy chains for sale? Been wanting to try one with my predator.
Mike Isbell 513-267-2793 mobile. He made my daisy chains for the Predator, an Amsteel Whoopie bridge, and is making me a custom saddle. Great guy

I was okay with the versa strap but found the predator to handle side pressure not nearly as well as it did with the buckle strap.

Are you using the mini or regular? Just curious. I’ve been using the mini this season with the button cut down and it will cam so hard I can’t get the platform down. Never had an issue with it moving at all no matter where I put pressure. 98% of the time it works great but I do run into certain trees where it’s a dang pain lol.

Did you use a metabo to cut the button down some?

For those who have cut the button down, how did you do it?

Use a quarter to trace a new circle on the button and cut it down roughly with a cutoff wheel on a grinder then file smooth. Takes about ten minutes.

Back