• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Primary Climbing Method Poll

What is your go to climbing method?

• Sticks, Sticks w/ Aider

Votes: 134 45.7%
  • One Stick Method

Votes: 47 16.0%
  • WE Stepps w/ knaider/swaider

Votes: 25 8.5%
  • WE Stepps w/ 5 step aider

Votes: 16 5.5%
  • SRT

Votes: 14 4.8%
  • Tree Bolts

Votes: 23 7.8%
  • Spurs

Votes: 14 4.8%
  • Other - explain in comments

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • Hand climber

Votes: 10 3.4%

• Total voters

rakbowhunter

Hey everyone, I would like to get a poll on everyone's main climbing method that they have settled on. There's been a ton of new and different methods lately, so I'd like to see what people are sticking with the most. Post your reasons why if you'd like! I'm bouncing around on different ways and interested on what you guys are sticking with.

I've tested waters on SRT, but am thinking I need a different primary method and use SRT when feasible.

Bolts. Mostly because I can in most places where I hunt. So I’ll pre set as many tree options as possible. Second choice is home made climbing sticks, but that will likely be replaced with climbing spurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In fact, Spurs may even replace my bolts as primary. It’s nice to have bolts in a tree and just climb up but I have a lot of trees I preset and never hunted and others I hunted that were not preset. Spurs could eliminate pre setting all together. The nice thing about presetting though is trimming for easy quiet climbing and trimming shooting lanes. Not something I want to do during season.

If I am on public land I will use either sticks with an aider or or wild edges steps with a knaider and a Swaider.

Last edited:
24" helium or DIY sticks with a 3 step aider on bottom. Just easier for me to be quick and quiet because I'm gettin' older. Watched some pretty cool stuff at Saddlepalooza, tho. You guys rock!!

update: June ‘21-either 3 Tethrd ONE sticks with aiders or one-stick. Rappel down on both. Still have 4 EWO 20” sticks as backup.

Last edited:
Muddy Pro `s w aiders. I use three to five sticks with aiders and this will get me 35+ without too much stretching out. I use DIY platforms for most of my presets and Bullman Silent approach ring of steps for run n gun. All Public Land .

Back