• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Proud dad moment.

Ckwilli

SH Member
Both of my kids have notched tags this year. My daughter shot a good buck, and the blind, last Saturday. I’ve been diligently trying to get my 15 year old son on a deer since then but haven’t had any success. Yesterday he had his mom take him to run his trap line and he was able to put a stalk on a deer and make the shot. He field dressed it and hauled it out all on his own. Oh yes, he caught another coon too.

ac10b5a17696efc8881acae3bac6d10d.jpg

febc94c723c47ce5d4c0e5c8d578e8e2.jpg

c31ea5c44251011d72bc4bf375af1212.jpg

46256d95439e606948ed67b3c9b81ebf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both of my kids have notched tags this year. My daughter shot a good buck, and the blind, last Saturday. I’ve been diligently trying to get my 15 year old son on a deer since then but haven’t had any success. Yesterday he had his mom take him to run his trap line and he was able to put a stalk on a deer and make the shot. He field dressed it and hauled it out all on his own. Oh yes, he caught another coon too.
Congrats! I have passed a few good bucks this year in hopes my son can shoot one of them for his first buck. It feels more satisfying watching them get so excited and telling the stories when they get home. Such a good learning opportunity for your son to be able to dress it and get it home on his own. Wish we could get more kids off the couch and in the woods, the world would be a better place.

You are absolutely doing it right! Congrats on your whole
Family being out there and getting it done. That’s just awesome
Man! I died laughing when I first read your post about your daughter shooting the buck and the blind….. at first I thought it was some kind of typo until I saw the pic! That had to have been a bit startling when it first happened.

You are absolutely doing it right! Congrats on your whole
Family being out there and getting it done. That’s just awesome
Man! I died laughing when I first read your post about your daughter shooting the buck and the blind….. at first I thought it was some kind of typo until I saw the pic! That had to have been a bit startling when it first happened.
We laughed so hard at that one. It was actually the muzzle blast from the muzzle being just outside the window. Her grandpa would have been upset if anyone but her had done it but since it was her he’s already bought her a new one. Granddaughter gets a pass.

Back