• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Published my first self filmed video! It’s Terrible LOL

Seekbigger

SH Member
Well just started self filming this season and let me be the first to say that I am a dummy when it comes to videoing and even a bigger dummy with editing. So I’ve got a lot to learn, already need to spend the money on some more cameras for other angles and I shot this buck at last light so couldn’t get the shot on film. Now for the off season I’m gonna gather more camera gear and practice with my editing software! Hopefully my video quality will get better next season. Really happy with my target buck in which I chased for 3 years! I welcome any tips and critique, once again I know the quality is not good, lol! God Bless and thanks for watching.

First published self filmed buck harvest- Got A LOT TO LEARN

Fun to see what we did including the track and your audio quality is good, could hear the arrow get drawn back and the solid hit, felt your excitement when you found him after the track.

This is not meant to be a critique or a dig but more of a note from someone who hunts differently; plenty of folks are going to have opinions on your method of hunting. I’ve gotten to read many posts of yours and learn things from you since you’re on this forum and willing to share and help people. As you gain views and viewers not everyone will know you as well, as a person or an internet personality depending on how famous you get. As long as you enjoy it and have fun filming and posting the process keep doing it, soak in the good, and don’t let any negative comments bring you down. If it gets not fun just hunt.

Great buck, thanks again for sharing. I look forward to watching you doing more in the coming years, you’ve got an authentic nature to the whole production.

Thanks so much for the kind reply! I have no desire to become a YouTube superstar lol, I just really enjoy the outdoors, filming lets me relive the moments, which I thought would be nice to look back on as I get older. I’m gonna film my son this next season, Good Lord Willing, and some of the other guys that I hunt with as well. Filming someone else seems to be much easier than self filming when all I have to do is man the cameras. God Bless and thanks again.

Good job!! My best advice if you will is decide what type of films you want to put together on the front end. If it is just capturing the hunts, you dont need to do anything different. If you want to put a more finished film together, if you will, it will help to story board what you want in the finished product on the front end because it will help you get the b-roll and specific clips you want included. There is no such thing as having too much footage. Watch a lot of other folks stuff, esp the stuff you like, and really break down the shots and how it flows. Make note of the things you like and dont like. Remember to enjoy the process.

You definitely have a gift for it. Enjoyed it, it's awesome when you can get your kids involved! Keep it up, thanks for sharing.

Well just started self filming this season and let me be the first to say that I am a dummy when it comes to videoing and even a bigger dummy with editing. So I’ve got a lot to learn, already need to spend the money on some more cameras for other angles and I shot this buck at last light so couldn’t get the shot on film. Now for the off season I’m gonna gather more camera gear and practice with my editing software! Hopefully my video quality will get better next season. Really happy with my target buck in which I chased for 3 years! I welcome any tips and critique, once again I know the quality is not good, lol! God Bless and thanks for watching.

First published self filmed buck harvest- Got A LOT TO LEARN
Yes, it's terrible. Lol. ;)

Back