• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pull-up lines -tip

overspined

I was reading a thread where folks don’t like pull-up lines. Here’s a thought I hadn’t read here before…

I used to use all sorts of different ropes, until this last spring my buddy says he’d heard webbing is an awesome pull up line because you can literally stuff it in a pouch and it won’t tangle. It’s super light and easy to grip. Well I’ve tested the hell out of it this year already and it’s a go.

mine is a very thin and smooth 1” webbing and I tie loops in the ends for a hook/biner or whatever you like. I pull pack and bow up at one time. Super comfy and easy, super strong, and light. No tangles.
I’ll never go back to rope

if you go less than 1” wide Ive Noticed it will tangle easier.
Just got mine in a roll off of Amazon and stuffed a line in each one of my setups

Mule tape is my go to.
I bet. Never thought of that. Besides being strong, it is super supple and easy to tie knots with. You could probably use it to save yourself in a bad situation in your tree.

I have been using 3/16 nylon braid that has very little stretch. It will tangle if I am not careful with it.

Good idea. I’ve switched to using gear wrap wire instead of carabiners to attach my gear.

I use mule tape too and it's way better than rope but I still get some tanglage. Started climbing with my bow to avoid it all but that ain't always practical. May have to give this a go.

Mule tape for me as well....1/2 wide.
Big loop on 1 end...pass the loop thru the quick link and then girth hitch..got a ribbon doyels for pulling up stuff and mule tape for pulling down

I might go to mule tape, but if I do I'd continue to wrap it the way I do my paracord pull up now. I use the figure 8 method that keeps tangles to a minimum. Combining that with the mule tape would likely be even better than my paracord.

Figure 8 my mule tape is a must. I use mule tape for both pull up rope and rappel retrieval rope

This has been the best hawk product out there. If anything the plastic reel makes life easy. I tied it to my saddle. Makes roll up a dream. Rope seems to be pretty cheap. But holding so far. Kids old kite strong Handel would work or something else you have laying around. I might try rolling some mule tape up on it.... See how that sits. Screenshot_20221105-131040.png

This has been the best hawk product out there. If anything the plastic reel makes life easy. I tied it to my saddle. Makes roll up a dream. Rope seems to be pretty cheap. But holding so far. Kids old kite strong Handel would work or something else you have laying around. I might try rolling some mule tape up on it.... See how that sits. View attachment 75310
My go to. I just hang it on the back of my saddle and it pays out as I climb.

Another vote for mule tape. I’ve been using the same 20 feet for years. No need to figure 8 it I just wrap it around my hand. It’s the kind sold for pulling wire into conduit specially, I don’t know if there’s any difference.

Anyone use 1/8” amsteel. Thinking it could be of some use in case of emergency.
I do like Still Kickins daisy chain pulls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use dynaglide that I spliced eyes into each end.

Using the figure 8 wrap so it pays out, I clip the bundle to my saddle and use a locking biner on the bow’s cam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are all you mule tape junkies electricians or what?

my aiders are made out of mule tape. I may or may not be an electrician, depending on who’s asking.

Are all you mule tape junkies electricians or what?

my aiders are made out of mule tape. I may or may not be an electrician, depending on who’s asking.
Negative but the guys who share the dumpster with me pull cable....I always grab it outta the dumpster.....I have 2 6 foot continuous loops of mule tape I keep on my saddle for emergency get down the tree situations also

Back