• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pulling up XOP climbing sticks

WhiteTailCrazy

FIrst year saddle hunting and so far I'm loving it. Got a question about pulling up my XOP climbing sticks.

What is everyone using to pull up the additional climbing sticks that is quiet and efficient? I'm not use any aider on my steps and just getting use to them now.

Thanks

I don't use four full length XOP sticks anymore since switching to one-sticking. However when I did use all four of my sticks (with my lock-on - pre saddle) I would leave them all locked together. Set my first stick on the tree and use/loosen the strap from my top or bottom stick as an over the shoulder sling, and unlock each stick as I needed it.

XOP sticks are my climbing choice and have been for a few years now. Originally i wore a rock climbing harness in the tree instead of a full harness. the reason being is because the rock climbing harness was better for many obvious reasons but one of them is the fact that it had dedicated loops around the hip specific to hanging accessories while rock climbing. So I got a bag of those ball bungee loop things. Some call them tarp ties. I basically prussicked them on the rock climbing harness loops and that way when I get to my tree I set my first stick, take stick stick 2 & 3 and hang them from my tarp ties on opposite hips. Then i start my acccend on stick 1 with stick 4 in hand and up I go. Same getting down but in reverse. 1 trip up. 1 trip down. Take your time and it’s almost silent. I’ll do the same with my flex when it arrives.

Back