• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Question about Cruzr adjustable bridge...

TNFlinger76

So I've just gotten into saddle hunting, and I received my new Cruzr saddle 2 days ago. Got out in the back yard yesterday to try it out, and let me say, I LOVE IT!

There's one minor little thing I've noticed that I've not seen anyone else post about. The amsteel bridge feels somewhat stiff, and almost like it's got a coat of wax on it. After hanging in the saddle for a few minutes, when you take your weight off the bridge it stays bent at the point it was going through the carabiner. That's not really a big deal to me, as I figure with more use, it will loosen up and become more flexible. However, the bridge is also leaving a black sticky/waxy substance on the carabiner that's making it feel like a struggle to get the bridge to slide through the carabiner while rotating into different shooting positions.

I'm not exactly sure whether it's actually wax, or possibly just black dye used to color the rope, and I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue before. If so, is it something that goes away after it's been used more than one time?

Sorry for such a long-winded newbie question.

I beleive its the brand of UHMWPE that they use. Amsteel, Dynema, all brands of the same stuff. Each has a different feel. Harbor Freight sells a version for wench cables that feels much like you are describing.

This sounds really similar to the triad bridge from H2. It feels almost waxy, somewhat stiff and does conform to the shape of the carabiner. I haven’t sat in it long enough to see the waxy stuff come off onto the carabiner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies.

I took some pics to upload but the resolution is too high and I've already cleaned the carabiner with alcohol. Hopefully it will clean up with use.

Back