• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Questions about LWCG minis

Nutterbuster

SH Member
So I've got 4 of them waiting on my porch for me to get home to. I plan on fooling around with them this evening, and probably taking them out hog hunting this weekend and doing a video at some point.

What questions do yall have? I know not a lot of guys have had their hands on the LWCG stuff so far.

Edit: we had some interest and some beer. Video got made. Take away? They're ok. Definitely interested in putting some hints on them.

Last edited:
Weight (without strap) and packability? Can you get both feet on the top step and standoff? The standoff is supposed to be flush with the top of the post allowing you to get both feet on. How high can you get on four with a CYAG aider? Are they solid? Do you see an issue with the exposed threads on the versa button?

Nice, can't wait to see your review video. Not that I'm in the market for more steps but I just would like to see how people rig their steps up to carry them in, stay silent and then offload them to prepare for the one time climb up. I know this isn't as stick specific as you may want but that's what info. I'm looking for. They look like nice steps though on their website. The Micros right?

Yea ive never used sticks, so my questions would be how ideal are they for the terrain(delta) you hunt? over something like your bolts or cranfords on public? and going deep into swamps? Would you use them when taking your kayak out?

Good questions guys. Keep 'em coming.

I think unboxing vids are kinda cheesy, but is anybody interested in one tonight? I can start answering questions about weight, packability, and machining quality at least.

Comments like @Jwiggins762 asked are gonna have to be covered once I have had some time with them, but I definitely intend to find out how they handle in the swamps!

Good questions guys. Keep 'em coming.

I think unboxing vids are kinda cheesy, but is anybody interested in one tonight? I can start answering questions about weight, packability, and machining quality at least.

Comments like @Jwiggins762 asked are gonna have to be covered once I have had some time with them, but I definitely intend to find out how they handle in the swamps!

Yes I'd like to live vicariously through your unboxing vid.

The only thing cornier than an unboxing video is one there they had already unboxed then reboxed for the video. Nothing wrong with a preliminary or first thoughts video that includes in boxing.

Is it bad that I literally can't hear them?
Eh, its all good as long as your wifes voice isnt the same frequency....then youd be in trouble...

Nice mellow unboxing.....unboxing videos are lame, but its nice to see they didnt blow you away.

I had the same initial thoughts on the one I messed with. Finish was just ok, bolts longer than they needed to be, threaded portion exposed on the button when the strap loops sit. Just little stuff like that. No giant issues but for the price they are things that should be addressed imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI the grommets do not come preinstalled and you can’t fit all four sticks back in the box after you install them so one of the sticks had the grommets removed and put in the bag with the straps, that’s why there was a difference in the “closeness” of stacking when you first removed them from the box

Back