• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Quick link keeper

Yup, looks effective! @DB4x4 ( i think) uses a chip clip, very similar

That's a binder clip......something you'll find in any office setting. It looks like it has the potential to make noise and get hung up on anything within 3' of it. I've seen all kinds of fanciness used for this purpose, and some will gladly fork over $16 for a little plastic clip, but I've yet to find something that beats a rubber fender washer for all around performance.

Recent JRB video shows how to tie a highwayman's hitch around the link and rope to keep it in place and allow for easier pulldown. This is what I'm going to roll with this season.

I use a clothespin with holes drilled thru it and a rope attaching it to just behind the knot with a loop for my pull down rope. Then I don't have to worry about forgetting to remove it before repelling. I started using a gear tie but forgot to remove it before repelling once and had to go back up to remove it.

A bungle ball cord work best for me. It act as a knot with enough tension on the rope but let me slide it back and forward yet keep the rope tight.

1662997085669.png

Back