• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Quiet Puffy Jacket??

osbornoutdoor

Anyone wearing a puffy style jacket while whitetail hunting? Most seem pretty loud, curious what models people are having success with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone wearing a puffy style jacket while whitetail hunting? Most seem pretty loud, curious what models people are having success with.

Absolutely. I wear an Eddie Bauer microdown hooded jacket. It weighs like 2 oz or some nonsense. It is super warm. I wear a windproof shell over it because down is fragile, it's kind of loud, but so is walking on leaves. I love it.

I wouldn't wear one as an outer layer where I hunt, but as a mid layer they are awesome. I got cheap, thin, down one off amazon that works pretty well. It also packets up really well.

I wear them for the reasons stated. If I put it on under a quiet layer I don't find noise to be a problem.

I wear a goose down puffy all the time, but I always wear it under something. Bring in a thin polar fleece and then put it on over the puffy, if my solution. You could even go down to just a fleece button up/flannel.

Absolutely. I wear an Eddie Bauer microdown hooded jacket. It weighs like 2 oz or some nonsense. It is super warm. I wear a windproof shell over it because down is fragile, it's kind of loud, but so is walking on leaves. I love it.

That’s a great idea. I have a soft shell jacket that should pair nicely with a puffy like that.

Back