• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Quiver tight to tree

davidwatkins72

For 30+ years I have been a die hard quiver always on the bow guy. It just made sense to me. An arrow right there if needed. Now with a saddle and the bow hanging close to the tree I think I like the idea of the quiver off. I really want more than just hanging. Would like it more secure to be able to get an arrow out with one hand, quickly and without much movement. How are you guys attaching your quiver to the tree for a hunt? Pics would be great too. Thanks

This will be my first year using a saddle but my plan is to attach the quiver to the opposite side of where I hang my bow off the tethrd HYS strap so I easily pop and arrow out and reload without moving anything really but my right arm.

Interested As well to see what more experienced saddle hunters are doing.

This will be my first year using a saddle but my plan is to attach the quiver to the opposite side of where I hang my bow off the tethrd HYS strap so I easily pop and arrow out and reload without moving anything really but my right arm.

Interested As well to see what more experienced saddle hunters are doing.
This is my exact plan at this time. I would like the quiver more secure than just hanging though

Could you get the hys strap through your quiver without losing bow and everything attached?
Might have enough tension on it to operate one handed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you get the hys strap through your quiver without losing bow and everything attached?
Might have enough tension on it to operate one handed.

Was thinking of trying this. Worried about dropping bow messing with this

You could attach it with you lineman’s belt on and your bow laying in front of you potentially. Or clip your bow to the tether carabiner.

Really though I have just clipped the top of my quiver to a carabiner on my gear holder and don’t have issue getting an arrow off with one hand.

I've always used a bungee cord to secure my quiver just above my head on the tree, same bungee used to keep my climber seat from rattling while walking in. With this being my first season hunting from a saddle, I imagine I'll have to use a shorter bungee for the smaller diameter trees. The bungee always held the quiver secure enough for one hand removal and being flat against the tree, it never was in my way.

I hang my bow off the left side of the tree (right-handed) with my quiver on a separate hook (night ize gear tie) on the right side of the tree. My pack hangs below. I used a paracord tree strap last year and will be using a webbing gear strap from @DanO this year.

Bow on left side of tree, quiver hanging from gear strap of some sort on rt side. I only carry three arrows in the woods and hanging from the strap the quiver is easy enough to operate one handed. I could only see this being a real problem if the quiver has dual arrow grippers.

I know some quiver manufactures make extra quick release mounts that are identical to the one on your bow for attaching to your tree. Otherwise if you were to use kydex or something of that nature you could make a mounting bracket that has a hook on the back like squirrel steps that you would be able to cinch to the tree

I made a bow hanger out of flat aluminum 1/4" by 1" from home depot. My hanger lets me place my bow a little out from the tree. This allows me to keep the quiver on. Works great. I'm right handed, bow on my left side.

When I shot a compound, I always used this but had a quiver that matched it. I also see they have belt attachments that could work on a strap. Lots of quick detach quivers have a screw in mounting system available. Or at least they use to 15 years ago.

My quiver has a plastic loop on top like most of them do. Just hook it on there with a carabiner and it works fine

There is alot of good information on this thread

Additionally you might look into the Sparrow

Hope this helps!

There is alot of good information on this thread

Additionally you might look into the Sparrow

Hope this helps!
A lot of good info there, but its about hanging a bow and hanging a quiver on a stand. Thanks for info though.

For 30+ years I have been a die hard quiver always on the bow guy. It just made sense to me. An arrow right there if needed. Now with a saddle and the bow hanging close to the tree I think I like the idea of the quiver off. I really want more than just hanging. Would like it more secure to be able to get an arrow out with one hand, quickly and without much movement. How are you guys attaching your quiver to the tree for a hunt? Pics would be great too. Thanks
I strap my back pack to the tree using the torso straps and then use gear ties at two points to tie my quiver off rock solid to my pack. Works mint.

Back