• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Recommend biner for Ropeman 1?

10essee

I’m getting ready to place order for all my lineman and tether ropes and hardware and am wondering what you guys that run a Ropeman on your lineman use for your biner. I’m going use Bluewater Assault for my lineman and tether. I’ll use a prussic or Blake’s hitch on tether but wanna run the Ropeman on my lineman for one hand operation.
If there is a specific brand and style you prefer do you use the same one for all your connections. New at this and want to make sure I’m getting the right gear the first time.

Thanks for the link. I had looked at the Wild Country Ascent. Appears to be a screw lock biner. My thinking was being it’s made by the same company that it should suffice for that connection.

Do you find that shape of carabiner to have any particular advantages?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing in particular. I have just been using it for a few years with a ropeman1 on my lineman's belt and it works.

Petzl Am'D Triact Autolocking carabiner thats the one I like. Go to REI. Com web page and check them out. They do have a bunch of carabiners so you can pick one you like.

I use the Metollius on my LB and a Petzl William on my tether - I like the large size as I use it as a handhold for the redsquirrel aider system - but it’s light. I use all screw locks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies fellas. I went with two metollius for my lineman and the Wild Country Ascent for tether.

Back