• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Removable bridge

cspot

I bought an Artic Body Suit and I am wanting to modify it for saddle hunting. My plan is to cut 2 slots in it for the bridge to go thru. Obviously a removable bridge is required. I live in PA so cold weather doesn't happen a ton to us, so hunting with the body suit would be limited. My plan is that I would climb and hook my stock bridge as I normally would. After cooling down I would then put on the artic suit. Then I would put on the removable bridge feeding it thru the slots. Then I could remove the standard bridge and I would just leave the stock bridge hanging there. Then I could zip up the suit.

So what would be an easy removable bridge to make? I have fooled some with amsteel, but not sure I want to hang my life off of something I made of amsteel. LOL. Was thinking about using one of the GM 16mm climbing sling. I could girth hitch on one side and then use a biner on the other. Is there any other simple bridge solutions? I don't need anything overly fancy as I would likely only use on a handful of hunts per year.

Thanks. Doing some reading I guess the GM climbing sling is made from tubular webbing anyway. They are only about $8, so I may go that route as I don't have to tie any knots.. What is a good small biner to use?

I use a 24 inch climbing sling for my bridge set up as you describe. It works great. I loop it back and forth to make it quadruple strand and 12 inch effective length.

Planning to maybe do something similar to my heater body suit. Was such a game changer for me would be nice to maybe use with saddle. But it not just hunt harder before gets to cold

I use a 24 inch climbing sling for my bridge set up as you describe. It works great. I loop it back and forth to make it quadruple strand and 12 inch effective length.
Newly posted video showing my saddle.

Planning to maybe do something similar to my heater body suit. Was such a game changer for me would be nice to maybe use with saddle. But it not just hunt harder before gets to cold
Same for me! I loved my heater body suit while in a hang on stand but love saddle hunting more and have been trying to find safe ways to merge the 2 together.

Has anyone tried to modify their HBS or Artic Shield suit yet? I am wanting to do the same thing and saw this thread and was wondering if anyone had any luck trying it yet.

Back