• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Removing stealth strips?

Shakeandbake

I wrapped my beast sticks last season in stealth strips and I was wondering if anyone has taken them off? They seem like a mess to remove. Not that I want to right now but I’m curious if anyone hs.

Yeah I did it's a nightmare! getting the glue off if you just take off and reinstall different stealth strips I would leave the glue on!!

I've used Goo Gone to remove glue residue from a bunch of things and it works great. I'm sure stealth strip glue residue is no match for it.

Goo gone and lots of it. Wd40 also kinda works. Naptha also works. But you need to saturate and soak them. Scrub scrub scrub

then wipe the oil residue off with acetone

takes work, messy and time consuming. I won’t be using stealth strips again…lol

Im soooo glad you posted this. I was on the fence about doing your old sticks when they get here. Negative ghostrider..
Goo gone and lots of it. Wd40 also kinda works. Naptha also works. But you need to saturate and soak them. Scrub scrub scrub

then wipe the oil residue off with acetone

takes work, messy and time consuming. I won’t be using stealth strips again…lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I had, keyword had, helium sticks i stealth stripped. I want to cut them down and not mess up the saw, so I tried goo gone, goof off, and neither worked completely. That was the last straw (bending steps, bending stick, pointed edges, not packing good, etc. …) and they are soMe where in my junk scrap pile now.

I have never wanted to remove stealth strips on anything else. Not sure why someone would want to do that.

If you have beast sticks, after you put on stealth strips, you can take a soldering iron to the stealth strip around the holes if you want to expose the holes.

Just curious, did you guys let the Goo Gone soak into the glue residue before wiping it off?
The reason I ask is because the FDNY uses this incredibly sticky glue blob to adhere ID cards to the inside of the envelope they send them in and it doesn't all peel off of the card in a nice neat ball like the normal stuff everyplace else uses. On this particular stuff the Goo Gone needs to sit on the residue for a few minutes, I guess it takes time to dissolve this type of glue, before I can wipe it off otherwise the Goo Gone is useless.

Mentioned this on another thread: nothing wrong with stealth strips. They work great. Almost too good of an adhesive. If you have an item that you want to put sound dampening material on, I’d suggest vet wrap or non-adhesive lined shrink tubing. Or, if you still want to use stealth strips, use the non-adhesive lined shrink tubing with a heat gun and then put your stealth strips over the top of that. Then removal would be easier.

I put some stealth stripping on a caribeaner. Got it too close to where the rope rides and I then had myself a sticky mess. Goo gone, let it penetrate, then wipe off. Pretty much sold me on not using the stuff.

What is the problem with stealth strips?
Just curious.
Nothing wrong with them, I applied them to my beast sticks. I added a new aider to them and had to remove some stealth strips and they were a bear to get off. Just curious how to remove them if I ever want to.

Back