• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Repel ing

Do you plan on stopping to take you stand/ROS/equipment down while on line?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I really like the Petzl Verso set up. I know JCLINE84 has a YouTube video on it. That was the reason I went with the Verso. Looked easy and it is easy

Verso is an ATC. I have used various ATC's for years and I love them.

Use to use racks when I lived in Utah, never really liked them as I was always way over cautious with them.

Move to Bobbins when I was in Colorado. I liked Bobbins, still have some and have used them out of trees. My wife doesn't like them.

Switched to GriGri and love how easy going hands free is, my wife likes them and understands them easy enough. But, they are still large.

I am switching to Safeguard currently, only a few descents so far and I like it, plus the size is hard to beat.

I am probably going 2TC up this year, with the option of going to SRT/DRT. But, I still own WEI Stepps, Helium's, and Bullman Steps. Going to stick with my ROS at height. But I am not climbing down this year unless I can't help it, plan is to rappel down and remove gear as needed, 2TC that would mean only removing my ROS.

ROS and 2TC fit in 1 SYS Hauler easily with room left over for leather gloves.

Rappel rope and all hardware need to fit in my other SYS Hauler. That or I might build a dedicated drop bag for going out.

This system means reversing the climbing system and ROS when I do an after action equipment check. But, I do the same to my rappel system also.

Anyway, happy hunting. And keep experimenting, it is so much fun to learn new ideas. I didn't say perfect them, just learning is fun, as some systems I just don't like at all.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I was thinking about Kong hydrobot

Anyone else use that or something similar. I make one stop on the way to remove 2 stick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about Kong hydrobot

Anyone else use that or something similar. I make one stop on the way to remove 2 stick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use a sterling ATS. Its the same kinda deal. THeyre underrated devices. i feel safe and have never had a hiccup with mine. im all about K.I.S.S. gear

Back