• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ridge runner or predator?

No knowledge of predator, but I love my ridge runner.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Ok at least help with me with this does the ridge runner fit in a backpack.

Ok at least help with me with this does the ridge runner fit in a backpack.

Both will. I have the predator pack...it fits but it's made for that. I also have the kifaru escape and evade...the predator fits in that too..and I think the ridgerunner would fit in that.

I have the kifaru woodsman...I can fit both in it at the same time. What pack do you have that you have a question about?

I had both. Just recently sold the Predator. Both are great and work well in any situation.

Only reason I sold the predator is that I have a Klemz and the are pretty much the same and my Klemz weighs exactly the same as the predator.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

And both can fit in a backpack. Ridge runner a bit easier on smaller packs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I preferred the predator. I just felt it was a bit too small. If they come out with a slightly bigger one I would totally give that a go.

I have both and prefer the Ridge Runner, HOWEVER, I have a Gen 1 Predator and might like the Gen II better. The predator does have more creaking noise.

I didn't have a predator but had a diy lone wolf which was almost same size and currently have a RR. I like the RR better because the platform is both wider and shorter which suits my preferences and hunting style better. As for pack it all depends on which pack you buy. I have a HH G2 and it won't fit. I could squeeze my diy in there tho.

Had a Gen 2 Predator and traded for a RR just to compare. Both are excellent, really can't go wrong either way. The Predator packs better, but the RR is wider and fits my style a little more. It also has a more solid feel on the tree for my weight. The Predator was tight, but always had a slight flex to it that I do not get with the RR.

Tried them both and ridge runner is more comfortable, more stable and will fit in main compartment of most packs.

I do not own a predator. I do own the ridge runner I can say that I have been extremely happy with it, it is much more comfortable that the three wild edge steps I was using.

I did have one gripe about the ridge runner and that was how the strap attaches to the platform while settling it up. I took a zip tire and tightened up the loop on one side of the strap and it has solved the problem I had with it with minimal effort. I wear a size 13 wide boot and I have plenty of room for my feet. It is quite with incredible grip from that comes from the design and the textured coating on it.

I think an advantage of the predator is how narrow and flat it compacts to which is good for putting in your pack but for me the extra foot room is worth the trade off.

I think you can’t go wrong with either.

Klemz? I have never heard of them who makes them

Klemz is a DIY platform made using the seat from a gen 1 Lone Wolf hang on stand.

6833b72f2a827f9181809a526d3468b8.jpg

I cut out cardboard in the approximate dimensions of RR and Predator and decided Predator. My Predator is hands down my favorite piece of gear. Like literally every hunt as I set up I tell myself “man I love this thing. It’s light, strong, easy to set and it’s rock solid with little fiddling”.

No lie. Every hunt I have an internal love gush.

Predator platform for me as well - does everything I could ever ask out of a saddle platform.

And PS, I highly recommend ditching the stock predator strap, that thing kinda sucks compared to LW straps because it is hard to release the buckle after you camed the platform, others have reported this same issue with the buckle.

But Dan Os strap, it’s lighter and quiet, easy to pack, comes with a built in bungee at the end for easily securing it after you wrap up the strap and that style of strap easily cams the platform. I have no issues caming.

Back