• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ridge Runner platform with Ring of steps

Edhead35

SH Member
Anyone have experience in long sits with a Ridge Runner platform, and adding a few Silent Approach ring of steps to the same Ridge Runner strap? Still getting used to camming the RR over, so I pulled the Silent Approach steps off for the time being. Continuing to experiment on the ground in the meantime.

What is the advantage? Ridge runner is huge. I threw squirrel steps onto my solo, but i can shoot 360 from the ridge runner.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I would say 1 step on the backside of the tree on the strap would be perfect on the ridge runner. Would even tighten up the strap. Other platforms putting steps on the strap will loosen it by pulling the strap down.

just trying to add more space/stability, I am a bigger guy, so I am not as nimble as I was years ago.

Back