• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rigid Backed Articulating Knee Pad - Part 2

Would Kydex work as rigid board for this?
probably. Honestly you can just strap the pad to the tree without anything behind it and it works great (i dont hunt real skinny trees though, they shake too much when im moving).

probably. Honestly you can just strap the pad to the tree without anything behind it and it works great (i dont hunt real skinny trees though, they shake too much when im moving).

I think the rigid board is important to create the flat surface. Simply strapping a pad to the tree wouldn't accomplish this.

I think the rigid board is important to create the flat surface. Simply strapping a pad to the tree wouldn't accomplish this.
Thats why i mentioned the size of the trees. Didnt seem to make too much of a difference for me. The trees im in are usually 15" diameter or more. it just doesnt do the pivot thing ricky's does. i sit for maybe 40% of the time im hunting. and the pad being curved a little didnt make my knees slide off. definitely less than using knee pads. i dont like keeping my knees far apart anyway though , the saddle starts pinching my legs

Kydex might work if you use thicker sheets like .093 and probably even double it up. you can also use 1/4 or 3/8" HDPE marine board. might flex a little less and will be cheaper for the thickness you need. Never tried kydex for anything other than holsters/sheaths and not sure how much bending youd put on it like this.

Back