• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

rock climbing harness

320thmp

Hey guys looking into the sit drag/rock harness option. Seems pretty safe to me. I have a kestrel but like to experiment. I know theres a ton of threads on this stuff but what rock harness is best to use? Even if someone can point me to a thread that would be great! Thanks again!

The alpine bod and couloir seem to be pretty popular. There's also the misty mountain gym dandy that is pretty minimalist as well and works well with the sit drag.

Mad Rock Galaxy Harness is what I have been using and it is amazing. Light and very comfortable!
Galaxy_FRONT.jpg

Probably a dumb question because I have not been interested in rock climbing harnesses until I started building a fleece drag.
So with a rock climbing harness you hook into the centre loop and you have no bridge correct.
As far as a linemans belt you need to add something. I have an Ernie power linemans belt that I used with my guidos web.
Can you refresh us as to how you hook in.

Last edited:
Probably a dumb question because I have not been interested in rock climbing harnesses until I started building a fleece drag.
So with a rock climbing harness you hook into the centre loop and you have no bridge correct.
As far as a linemans belt you need to add something. I have an Ernie power linemans belt that I used with my guidos web.

You're right buddy. You hook into the centre loop (red one in the picture above). As for a video that explains the linesmans belt, this is the best way I've seen for adding it to a harness:

You're right buddy. You hook into the centre loop (red one in the picture above). As for a video that explains the linesmans belt, this is the best way I've seen for adding it to a harness:

I do remember watching this a while ago. A good video from @bowhunter15 I will rewatch it . I forgot how he did his linemans belt.

I used a metolious harness last year and switched to this guy https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YOEQTU8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 halfway through this season.

Rock climbing harnesses kind of suck to get on over your layers.....then the leg loops tend to pull everything down as you walk. At least look for something with quick release buckles on the leg loops like the BOD, so you can walk with the leg loops unhooked and get those put on quickly at base of tree

As far as lineman hookup...use your sit drag ears. If you can sew on a little belt to keep it on your waist as you walk/climb, then the ears are going to be in position for a linemans belt. My linemans belt becomes my adjustable bridge

I used a metolious harness last year and switched to this guy https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YOEQTU8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 halfway through this season.

Rock climbing harnesses kind of suck to get on over your layers.....then the leg loops tend to pull everything down as you walk. At least look for something with quick release buckles on the leg loops like the BOD, so you can walk with the leg loops unhooked and get those put on quickly at base of tree

As far as lineman hookup...use your sit drag ears. If you can sew on a little belt to keep it on your waist as you walk/climb, then the ears are going to be in position for a linemans belt. My linemans belt becomes my adjustable bridge

RIGHT ON! I was just saving a pic to my desktop to ask if anyone had tried this harness! My problem is that my black diamond harness makes a loud, annoying sound when I walk. How did you like that harness?

I like that harness. Are those buckles noisy?

RIGHT ON! I was just saving a pic to my desktop to ask if anyone had tried this harness! My problem is that my black diamond harness makes a loud, annoying sound when I walk. How did you like that harness?
its not as comfy as my padded metolious climbing (one-stick) and rappelling, but its not uncomfortable or anything. I just hated pulling that metolious over my junk and/or trying to get the buckles tight....pain in the butt.

its not as comfy as my padded metolious climbing (one-stick) and rappelling, but its not uncomfortable or anything. I just hated pulling that metolious over my junk and/or trying to get the buckles tight....pain in the butt.

Hahaha same deal here. Thanks man, much appreciated.

You hook into the center loop for your safety hook up. You still have a bridge on your saddle.

Which rope would you rather have your ropeman on if you only have 2(one on Linesman rope) the saddle hookup or tether hookup to saddle?

Which rope would you rather have your ropeman on if you only have 2(one on Linesman rope) the saddle hookup or tether hookup to saddle?
Lineman belt. No question. Use a regular prussic on your tether.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Back