• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Roll pouches

Apex7

SH Member
What's the best roll punch for rappelling and where can I find them. I seen Timothy Conrad was one person selling them but that was awhile ago. Has anyone used one from Flat Branch Outdoors or from Tethrd ? I looking for one for my Eberhart Signature Series saddle. I have a Latitude Method dump pouch on my Cruzr and really like the dump pouch but the mollie loops on my ESS saddle are small and the Method won't fit. So I'm looking for a roll punch.

@beaston makes a great one. I have tried others but prefer his. The tethrd one is nice, but the stretchy fabric they use makes it a bit more difficult to pull out a few extra loops when you need more slack and the pouch is rolled up. But this may not be an issue for you if you unroll your roll pouch right away. Me, I like to leave it rolled up and secured until I'm actually ready to drop the full length of rope and rappel down. I don't like pouches flopping around on my waist, which is why I like the roll pouch in the first place. Personal preference.

The Tethrd is well built, I like the somewhat stretchy fabric. I haven’t hunted with mine so it’s basically unused. I also tried the CGM Dropout pouch 2.0 which I liked far more in the vertical orientation since it interfered less with a backpack mounted quiver.

I realized I didn’t like the weight on my saddle, so I switched to an Orca water bottle holder that I can clip to my saddle if needed but otherwise carried on the shoulder strap.

Last edited:
Back