• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ropeman 1

1BearPaw

Greetings fellow saddle hunters! Im new to saddle hunting. My saddle (Kestrel) is in the mail. I’m looking into getting a Ropeman 1 as seen in G2’s videos. Is anyone else using these? How do you like it? What do I need to know for using / buying this? Does anyone one use two, on for their linesman line and another for their anchor? Do I need to get a certain size? Any insight is appreciated.

Everyone uses them. You should absolutely get 2 of them. Lineman's and tether. Most prefer the Ropeman 1. It will accommodate the ropes that come with your Kestrel. Also, don't forget to tune in June 2018 and take advantage of the preorder pricing for your new Mantis saddle and platform. They are sure to change the way you view saddle hunting.

Last edited:
I am running a fixed bridge but have 2. One for tether and one for linesman... They are fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I am running a fixed bridge but have 2. One for tether and one for linesman... They are fantastic.

What are the advantages to having a fixed bridge? How did you come to know what length worked for you? What kind of rope did you use for your bridge?

What are the advantages to having a fixed bridge? How did you come to know what length worked for you? What kind of rope did you use for your bridge?
No major advantage other than less stuff to mess with. When you establish the bridge length that is good for you there is no advantage to having it adjustable. I am using 1/4" amsteel bridge 24"s in length.

Climb stuff has a 25% off sale. They had ropeman 1 in stock last night for 26.99. Not a bad price.

have any of you guys painted yours?

Ive thought about it. But I have seen others that haven’t so Ill wait. I have painted carabiners though with camp spray paint. Love that stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome, yes everyone uses ropeman 1 I also have a Kong Duck for smaller line 8mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So I was going to get Ropeman 2 because I am using 8mm for my tether.... but it looks like the Kong Duck can do it without the reputation for chewing up the rope. Would you agree? Price difference isn't as bad as I thought originally.

Back