• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

new saddle hunter

1. C

New Saddle Hunter from OK

Alright alright alright. This will be my first year saddle hunting so I’m still trying to figure out what all materials I will need. I’m kind of on a budget so I’m going with the seat drag rock harness this year! What kind of rope should I use for my tether? And for my linesman rope? What size...
  2. SloMo

SloMo`s video review of the Bushnell G Force DX 1300 Arc Laser Rangefinder

Just a quick review of this Rangefinder. Its a good fit for me and I think saddle hunters in general . Enjoy
  3. Flintridge09

Hawk stick mod question???

So I finally ordered my first saddle last week and waiting anxiously on its arrival but in the meantime I've been working on making one of my Hawk Helium stick sets into the shorter 2 step version. My dilemma is what method to use for attaching the steps to to the tree. I had planned to use...
  4. G

VA -> TX -> VA Transplant

Hey Everybody, Long time lurker, new member of the forum. I'm originally from Virginia, and relocated to Dallas Texas 3 years ago for work. I just recently got a promotion/transfer back to the east coast, where I'll be covering Virginia and Northern North Carolina. I'll be living in Midlothian...
  5. T

Newbie Questions

Im new to this and trying to get everything priced out. Climbing sticks -$60 Splice kit - $15 Lineman’s belt and harness - have 2 caribeeners - $20 Sitdrag - $35 2 Saddle bags - $20 20ft. 1/2” Amsteel - $18 Ascender - $44 Total - $210 Does this sound about right? I kinda want to go down this...
  6. 1BearPaw

Ropeman 1

Greetings fellow saddle hunters! Im new to saddle hunting. My saddle (Kestrel) is in the mail. I’m looking into getting a Ropeman 1 as seen in G2’s videos. Is anyone else using these? How do you like it? What do I need to know for using / buying this? Does anyone one use two, on for their...
Back